Tell me what you think.

C

Chad

Ok so heres an idea ive been tossing around in my head. buying a cheap supra with no engine and getting a 1jz front clip for it but idk if this is a good idea. might get a bad part and so on. is it honestly worth it doing a 1jz swap?
SO far this is the only 1jz clip ive found http://www.flashoptions.com/product.asp?prodID=208 and the engine looks like shit so anyone with links could help me.

im gonna try to get some money and see if i can get this going. Talk it over with some ppl.

Last edited by a moderator:

mcpcola

7M's = Peoples Champ
Jul 4, 2005
Greater Gulf Coast
hey email them they want 2K for that clip shipped. It seems like a decent deal to me the possible power increase and reliablity make it a good swap

C

Chad

With the 1jz swap everything in the back end of the car should be allright? i wont have to change anything? and how much u think i could get a mk3 without an engine for?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
you will need a turbo driveshaft ;r154 transmission ...i am also not sure how the exhausts mate up if you have to buy an aftermarket one or what

C

Chad

OK well im still thinking this over. The exhaust i have figured out. Its now down to do i want to do this or do i want to buy an almost stock supra.

lol suggestions would be nice

eps

Mar 31, 2005
usa
Do NOT buy from Flashoptions. They have fucked many people over.

If you buy a clip it should come with everything that you need to do the swap. Of course this all depends on what exactly is left after somebody pulls the engine out of the car you are buying.

C

Chad

Thanks for the warning. I need to find a good clip now. Any suggestions?

psifactor

Apr 1, 2005
Clearwater, FL
www.myspace.com
are you sure your up for this project?

That clip looks 100 times cleaner than the one I purchased with only 50k and mine runs better than I could of wanted. the 1j also uses an r154 tranny with a different bell housing so all rear end componets are the same. I think most 1j's come with a 430 rear diff but i personally perfer the 373 that come with the 89+ 7Ms.

Getting a 1j is definatly worth the hassle. Good luck

C

Chad

psifactor said:
are you sure your up for this project?

That clip looks 100 times cleaner than the one I purchased with only 50k and mine runs better than I could of wanted. the 1j also uses an r154 tranny with a different bell housing so all rear end componets are the same. I think most 1j's come with a 430 rear diff but i personally perfer the 373 that come with the 89+ 7Ms.

Getting a 1j is definatly worth the hassle. Good luck

I want to do this i just need money and ppl to back me up, I know one very supra skilled person and i have tools as for im not understanding the trans and the lsd part if i buy a turbo car i can use the lsd on that tell i can find a 1jz one, but do i use the transmission that come with the engine and the 7mgte drive shaft?

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
eps said:
Do NOT buy from Flashoptions. They have fucked many people over.

If you buy a clip it should come with everything that you need to do the swap. Of course this all depends on what exactly is left after somebody pulls the engine out of the car you are buying.

I was going to ask about that - seems they haven't updated their pics in a year at the very LEAST. I remember seeing the same 2JZ front clip on that site when they first opened it...

StellarPr

Aug 30, 2005
I ordered that 1JZ clip from flashoptions in November of 04 expecting to recieve it in January. Well its September and FO is still dicking me around, I think I ate 2200$, and plan on sourcing my cliop from elsewhere if I dont get it by winter. They will not answer your questions and blame the clip being 9-10 months late on their shipper and other BS reasons, my actual opinion is they do not actually have any clips in stock and they have to look for them when they get an order. I have heard of people getting vlips from FO but usually a year late, I jsut wish I had asked before I transferred over $2000 overseas.

C

Chad

Good thing im kinda thinking this over. what driveshaft do i use i need to know this!

Last edited by a moderator:

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
When you absolutely, positively have to have the best quality 1JZ clip in the USA, you gotta buy from Jarco - or your buddy, whose 1JZ swap was rear-ended?

C

Chad

drunk_medic said:
When you absolutely, positively have to have the best quality 1JZ clip in the USA, you gotta buy from Jarco - or your buddy, whose 1JZ swap was rear-ended?
and whats the link to this site?

C

Chad

So will jarco clip have everything i need? wiring harness everything right?

C

Chad

Any of you 1jz guys gonna be in the South Dakota area next summer? If you are and would help me with the swap id kindly pay you for the assistants. Just tell me what you want but plz be resinable.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Yes.. they give you everything. Most of the vehicles that Jarco buys, they get from auctions or private individuals. Many times, they buy a whole car, cut it behind the shifter and send it off. If you get a 1JZ front clip from them, I think the only things you will have to do are to extend the wiring harness and a custom power steering line - just make sure that if you want a 5-speed, you buy a 5-speed front clip.