Side marker mod.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Hey, I've tried searching for this and got nothing.. or rather WAY to much...
Anywho, does anyone have a technical writeup on how to make your side marker indicator lights flash alternately with the turn signals?
Thanks. -Jake.
Mods, please move to tech if it's ok. It's not a very "techy" question, so I thought I'd post here first...

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
trying to make those JDM side markers i sent ya flash now eh? wish i could help ya with this one jake, but good luck on getting it too work. its a cool idea but i was always to lazy to try and make it work :icon_bigg

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Please don't waste a sticky on that! Things like this should be on a single page of tech tips hmmmm... maybe like the one that was so awesome over on the Supras.com site.

This is the problem with forums. We lose track of the important details like tech tips buy having them burried in a forum somewhere. We need to make things VERY easy to find for some of our membership.

KeithH

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
right, sorry Keith, not sticky, just in the techtips section. I guess I can post it there when the dust settles.
I like the way that looks.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
KeithH said:
Please don't waste a sticky on that! Things like this should be on a single page of tech tips hmmmm... maybe like the one that was so awesome over on the Supras.com site.

This is the problem with forums. We lose track of the important details like tech tips buy having them burried in a forum somewhere. We need to make things VERY easy to find for some of our membership.

KeithH
Agreed. We need to devise some method of archiving tips. I'll think about it.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
That's the beauty part. The side markers function just like stock until you turn your blinker on. Then if your headlights are off your side marker will blink with the turn signal and if your headlights are on your side marker will blink opposite of your turn signal.

spipedong

Level 2 Rythym Rogue
Apr 2, 2005
Eugene, OR
I'm going to get motivated one of these days...

There was a mod for the maximas that was similar. The sidemarker would stay on like stock, but flash in unison with the signal. I liked that alot. The alternating reminds me too much of cheap domestic cars.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I am considering doing this mod, but both my side marker and turn signal are now LED bulbs. They act like a diode, and only turn on when current flows in one direction. I'm unsure of the polarity of the wires and direction of current flow in this mod. Is the green one positive? Will this work with LED's?