dash fuse!!!

supraman420

Jetta time
Aug 16, 2005
Chicago
I keep blowing my dash fuse. When I put my key in the "ON" position, my gauges work, and power windows too. When I go to start my car, the gauges work for a few seconds, then the fuse blows. Any ideas? When I took my dash apart and put it back together it worked fine for a day. The next day the fuse blew again. Everything else works, wipers, headlights, tail lights, etc. I just don't have my tach., pwr windows, and the stuff on the gauge cluster. Any ideas?
Please help me, my supra hurts! And if it's is going to overheat or loose oil pressure I dont even know, which sucks! Please help!

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
Yup.
The 7.5A guage fuse runs those things and a little more (you just don't know its out).
Sorry I can't help any more than that.
It could be a lot of things.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Maybe some water got into the fuse block when U were washing the car? Hell, I wouldn't think that the gauges and power windows would be anywhere near the same fuse......... Maybe you have a loose wire in (on the...?) gauge cluster and it's managing to short out on the support brackets? Maybe one of the plugs is being pulled too tight and managed to rub off the coating of a wire? Electronics are not my forte, just somethings that just popped into my mind....

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
It looks like that fuse runs the light failure sensor, power window relay, defogger relay, guage lights, guages and a bunch more stuff. A lot for 7.5 amps.