torque numbers

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
ok so today I order my complete gaskets set, timing belt and ebrake cable from jay marks toyota.

order my ARP bolts from Performance plus in stoon thoses should be in a few days.

So I have 2 questions

1.)this is the most important question. What should I torque the stock OEM hg to with ARP headbolts?? I have been doing alot of searching and from what I c 80lbs seems good but I have also heard of ppl doing 100 lbs but I don't want to squish the hg. Any input or suggestions would be awesome
2.)I have heard lots of ppl using the OEM gasket with ARP and it holds very good for along time. Even with increased boost. I only plan on mabye rasing the boost to liek 10 psi and mabye 12 psi later NO HIGHER THEN THAT! SO the stock hg with arp should be able to take that no problem right???

thnx alot guys u been a great help :biggrinbo

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
doom26464 said:
ok so today I order my complete gaskets set, timing belt and ebrake cable from jay marks toyota.

order my ARP bolts from Performance plus in stoon thoses should be in a few days.

So I have 2 questions

1.)this is the most important question. What should I torque the stock OEM hg to with ARP headbolts?? I have been doing alot of searching and from what I c 80lbs seems good but I have also heard of ppl doing 100 lbs but I don't want to squish the hg. Any input or suggestions would be awesome
2.)I have heard lots of ppl using the OEM gasket with ARP and it holds very good for along time. Even with increased boost. I only plan on mabye rasing the boost to liek 10 psi and mabye 12 psi later NO HIGHER THEN THAT! SO the stock hg with arp should be able to take that no problem right???

thnx alot guys u been a great help :biggrinbo

yes 80-100 is fine stick with 80 to 90 and you'll be good.

you'll hold that psi fine just use premium gas and keep everything tip top as soon as you develop detonation FIX it. your hg wont go out cus its crappy it'll go out when your car runs like crap and detonates.

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
americanjebus said:
yes 80-100 is fine stick with 80 to 90 and you'll be good.

you'll hold that psi fine just use premium gas and keep everything tip top as soon as you develop detonation FIX it. your hg wont go out cus its crappy it'll go out when your car runs like crap and detonates.
Yeah I always run preuim. Im goign to go with 80lbs then. Also goign to buy some new spark plugs im sure my old one don't help with detentation.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
btw put your old sig in WITH this one, i dunno what it was but your car looked beuitiful even though i could only see the traga top and the outline of the "supra" text.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
It's 80ft/lbs with moly lube, not 85, not 90, not 100.
This is direct from ARP, I called and talked in depth about this with them. The ARP studs and bolts are designed for 80ft/lbs. Any more and you can deform the head, overcompress the hg, or overstress the arp hardware.

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
americanjebus said:
btw put your old sig in WITH this one, i dunno what it was but your car looked beuitiful even though i could only see the traga top and the outline of the "supra" text.
hehehe like this one??
doomsig0la.jpg

I would change back but this one was made for my username on supraforum. I like this new sig too I dunno need a change of things i guess. Though that pic is one of my favorites.