Guages

keo

Apr 2, 2005
RI
Im a poud new owner of a 1jz mk3.

Im in need of some help. The person(s) who did the swap didnt seem to connect all the wiring for the guages.
My tach & heat dont work, but the speedo. works.
I spent the last week searching/reading the forums(supraforums,supramania,i-supra) but no such luck understanding on how to make these works.

Can someone help me out, or translate it in idiot terms for me cause im not so bright i guess.

thanks
Keo

I decided to post on this forums becuase it is more user-environment friendly. :)

1989MKIII

Jun 28, 2005
Troy, Missouri
www.elite-forums.com
well you could go with a aftermarket...thats what i would do, caz they are better then stock. and then just do some research and see about how to hook them up. althow they should come with directions....

l8ter
justin

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
keo said:
Im a poud new owner of a 1jz mk3.

Im in need of some help. The person(s) who did the swap didnt seem to connect all the wiring for the guages.
My tach & heat dont work, but the speedo. works.
I spent the last week searching/reading the forums(supraforums,supramania,i-supra) but no such luck understanding on how to make these works.

Can someone help me out, or translate it in idiot terms for me cause im not so bright i guess.

thanks
Keo

I decided to post on this forums becuase it is more user-environment friendly. :)

was your car an NA? if so, that's why your tach doesnt work. just find a turbo tach and swap it =]

keo

Apr 2, 2005
RI
Judging from the Vin. Yes it's an NA

The thought did cross my mind to go after market, but getting the1jz car put me in a hole. I dont want to go aftermarket in guages yet, because of a deeper hole. lolz

Ill try the turbo tach first, there a bunch of turbo cars in the junkyards around here.

Is it a plug and play. if not what wires do i connect.

thanks

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
Get the 7m turbo tach. Is it your temp gauge or your heater? Temp gauge should work and your heater should too. If it is your heater, then check ur fuses. You can make ur a/c work also with a few modification using the old conpresor parts and fabricating lines.

Good luck and have fun

keo

Apr 2, 2005
RI
1jz tach, hmm sounds good.
where am i going to find one for a reasonable price. Probably 4-5 time's more expensive than the turbo tach at junkyards.

*oops its not the heater guage, its the temp guage that doesnt work also

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
You will fork out the cash to swap a 1JZ, but you won't pay up for a 1JZ tach? That makes no sense, considering the cost of each.

There are reports of some 1JZ swappers being unable to revv past 2500 without the 1JZ tach.

keo

Apr 2, 2005
RI
Its not that im not willing to pay, but getting the 1jz put me in a hole.
I didnt do the swap, the swap was already done. im just trying to find out/fix the little things(tach,temp. etc)

It can rev. past 2.5K because i did it by observing the speed/gear

drunk_medic do you have a 1jz tach? how much?
If its reasonable i'll buy it.

thanks

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
drunk_medic said:
How about putting the 1JZ tach in there?

thats what i did. works the same. i like looking at the higher redline. watching the gauge go 500 past redline isnt as bad as watching it go 1500 past. that might make me feel queasy even though i know its ok. :aigo:

i doubt youll just find a 1J tach laying around. most people who have them got them because they came in their clip. so they probably either used it, or still have it sitting in their JDM cluster

and no you shouldnt have to do anything to make the tach work. just take your NA one out and put the turbo one in

its the same deal for people who do NA to GTE swaps.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I have one, but I don't want to part with it; An indicated redline of 7k will be perfect for my 2JZ swap. I yanked it out of a 1JZ instrument cluster that someone didn't need online. I think I was very lucky and got the complete cluster on EBay for like $50+ship.

1JZTach.jpg