Clutch engagement

joeyd161

El Jefé
Apr 18, 2005
Schaumburg,IL
how far should the pedal have to come out before the clutch starts grabbing cause right now it starts grabbing past half way out. also should the brake pedal and clutch pedal be at about the same height cause before they where. only reason why im asking is because i changed my clutch and had to adjust the pedal because when the pedal was pressed it wouldnt go into gear.

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
the height for the clutch pedal is in the TSRM, can't remember how high it is exactly. about the hight of the break. i think you could stand to put the clutch alittle closer to the floor. but if it isnt slipping that don't mess with it. thats the bottome line. does it still not go into gear?

joeyd161

El Jefé
Apr 18, 2005
Schaumburg,IL
ya it goes into gear really smooth just worried about over extending the rod from the master cylinder. im reading the tsrm and it says it should be between 6.18 - 6.57 inches so from what i understand that means from the floor to where the pedal sits up at top.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Mine will do the same thing. Setup the freeplay exactly to the TSRM and thats just how it is. Brand new Spec stage 2 got about 460 miles on it so far (gonna continue breaking in for another 100 I think.) But I was also suprised how high it still was (clucth before this was totally burnt) given that the minimum was so low in the TSRM.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
My clutch engauges at the VERY TOP....so I can really speed shift on backroads really nice.....I always hated going to the very bottem of the floorboard to shift.

I have an RPS Max Stage 3 six puck sprung clutch kit. I love it soo much....yes it jitters and chatters but you get used to it.

-Jonathan

joeyd161

El Jefé
Apr 18, 2005
Schaumburg,IL
im just not used to it because a lot of five speeds ive driven they engaged in the middle. the more i drive it the more im getting used to it

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
mine just started doing that and it's really bugging me. RPS full face street/sport clutch 340ft-lb capacity and it grabs in the last inch of letting it out. It's really bugging me. I already re-adjusted the freeplay and height and it's still being stupid...me no likey.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
It would seem that the more I get info driving the clutch the better it gets. I broke it in all slow and after about 600 miles I romped on it real good through all 5 gears.. Actually got more to where I like it to start grabbing. Perfect now!

joeyd161

El Jefé
Apr 18, 2005
Schaumburg,IL
Now i have about 700 miles on the new clutch got tired of taking it easy and i let loose today. The pickup is a lot better then before and when i downshifted into third on the highway the car just took OFF. Also im adjusted to the clutch now and actually like where it engages.