My bike Vs Car (dont just view REPLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
looks good. Shame about the trannies in those cars. If there is such a thing as a glass jaw the GTP glass jaw is the tranny. No more than 400 crank ponies before it starts grenading itself.

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
figgie said:
looks good. Shame about the trannies in those cars. If there is such a thing as a glass jaw the GTP glass jaw is the tranny. No more than 400 crank ponies before it starts grenading itself.

with 400 crank Hp they usualy have 500 torque tho.

Atmost after cam and intercooler and mods that are coming in the mail ill see around 330 wheel MAYBE and around 400 torque

but with just mods coming in the mail I expect 260 wheel and 320 torque, DYno vid coming when the locals set up a date to go, by they I may just have the cam and intercooler.

on these cars intercooler and cam does ALOT...

Also to add.. with 300 wheel HP your looking at mid 12's low 12's with suspension setup.

Last edited:

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
LuvMySilverSupra said:
wow, your bike is faster than your car
<---shocked

and both of yours for that matter.

Hey simman my car is a 13 second car and you see how bad my bike beat it, still claming your supra kept up to a f4I? Dont want you to reply cause you know the trusth and as do I just take that as a note :)

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
ShagsSupra said:
and both of yours for that matter.

Hey simman my car is a 13 second car and you see how bad my bike beat it, still claming your supra kept up to a f4I? Dont want you to reply cause you know the trusth and as do I just take that as a note :)

Could you maybe just post a timeslip of the GTP, not that I dont believe you but... It looks pretty slow.

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
kwnate said:
Could you maybe just post a timeslip of the GTP, not that I dont believe you but... It looks pretty slow.

I do not have a time slip... Im asuming cause GTP's run mid to low 14 seconds AND SOME in 13's STOCK and I have the intake on it and a 3.5 Pulley... Im assuming my car ran a low 14 stock cause of matinance is kept up and only 50k miles... and intake alone on a forced induction car feels like a world of difference so add the 3.5 Pully and Id say im well into the high 13's

and in the maillll...

-The Other Guys Exhaust Headers
-Random Technology Hi-Flow Cat & U-bend for T.O.G. Headers
-Digital Horsepower Inc. v1.0 PCM
-180-degree SLP Performance Parts Thermostat
-a 3.4” pulley
-Thrasher Modular Pulley System
-MSP Cold Air Induction System
-Goodyear Gatorback Supercharger Belt

THis + new tires I will see 12's, and MANY people have with the exact same setup and run lower.

Pretty slow? faster then any Mildly modded Supras ive seen latly, im not trying to start any trouble vs my family grocery getter and mkIII supras but seriously theres guys on this board running 15's with downpipes and intake and higher PSI...

And I enjoy my leather, heated seats, 4 12's in the back Window display speedo and other stuff, stearing wheel radio, all power everything... while I can still run 14's in the quarter stock...

Seriously not trying to start a flame war but time to face the facts, I love Mk3's I love mine even tho its NA automatic, I loved the turbo models I drove and rode in but still the aftermarket is slim, there heaveyer then my family car thats fully loaded, and hard to make reliable power out of them for cheap, after driving a newer car and hoping back in the supra I feel out of place with the olldschool dash.. I hear road noise.. rattles and stuff I never heard while driving the car before.. just random stuff that nothing but age causes... I am not the only 1 who feels this way let it be known I will not mention any names lol

I know by me saying that will upset some people and I pre apologise cause im just saying how I feel, if its not liked ban me do whatever it takes I dont care... I like alot of the people here but I just read over the kill section somtimes and see total BS in there I know CANT be true and it agervates me so much lol, and being called a liar about what my car runs agervates me aswell.

and a guy in the kills section opened my eyes, I thought mk3's ran mid 14's very lightly modded if not stock with just an intake and he said alot of mk3 turbos ran 16's and high 15's stock.. I argued the point then noticed hes right.

Last edited:

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
bike > car

GTP had no chance......period. Doesn't matter if it had 500 Hp and could magically keep traction (stupid FWD) - the bike has a much better Weight:HP ratio and will accellerate much faster.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
hahah
that was funny
was she racing
cause she didnt pass that other car to quick
it was like 3 2 1, and ur gone, glitch in the matrix u cheated.

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
Ha she floored it when I was a few cars ahead and only floored it for a second or 2.

I could get another video up today with my buddy driving kowing what hes doing... well I actualy am and we will see the outcome, I know im gonna still win on the bike but id like to see how well I keep up.

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
ShagsSupra said:
...Hey simman my car is a 13 second car and you see how bad my bike beat it, still claming your supra kept up to a f4I? Dont want you to reply cause you know the trusth and as do I just take that as a note :)

"(dont just view REPLY)"
OK, so I must reply. I beat a CBR 600 way back when I was on my first bike, which was a 250 Ninja. That is right, my 250 Ninja beat a 600 CBR AND I had my friend on the back too.

Now how is that possible that 2 on a 250 Ninja can beat 1 on a CBR 600?
Well don't ever assume that every rider you see or hear of can represent his/her machine. Some riders are new, some just have no potential, some are just very scared of the throttle, and some may not even be giving it their all or really racing.

And as far as siman, if you and him hate each other, wouldn't it be best to just avoid one another? Since he said that he beat a CBR 6, he has had a time out and others have urged him to be more peaceful, so let's not start arguments over nothing, so that we can keep the peace. We have asked him to be less argumentative, but others have to do their part as well.

From the thread you are referring to, which got locked over this arguement:
Loki said:
Can't we all just get along :3d_frown:
http://supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4260
And can't we move on?

L

lanky189

thanks for the smart words tony.

shags.. let dead topics stay that way..

otherwise...

<insert another generic reply here>

oh.. jeff, feel free to use that btw..

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
kwnate said:

Those GTP's are fast, well for a stock car. I raced a stock one and it was even, my car was pretty stock it just had Divorced DP, intake and blow off.

Also......

<insert another generic reply here>

:biglaugh:

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Sorry tony, I have to reply.

Shags, that was a 30 roll on.

Me, the bike, and the Porsche did a 90 roll.

And for the last freaking time, I did not BEAT the bike but hung around 2 car lengths BEHIND him after 150ish ( could not read accurate speed since the speedo only goes to 150).

Maybe I should video tape my car from a dead stop and a 30 roll and a 90 roll to show you the actual difference.

For starters 3 days ago I was comming back from a car meet and my buddy just got back from getting his car dyno tuned at Battleground in ATL. Fully built 4g63 with a T04E trim turbine, AEM EMS....330whp on PUMP GAS at 18lbs of boost....in a GUTTED eclipse ( stock is 3300 lbs, his is around 3100).....I beat him from a 40 roll ( he dropped to second and I stayed in third) and we rode all the way to 110ish me being in 4th.

My buddy ( has the S14 with the S15 front end and an RB25DET under the hood....he used to also tune some pretty sweet DSM's around the nashville area) was riding shotgun and saw the whole darn thing. Needless to say he was kind of astounded how "stout" my car runs....at only 14lbs untuned....LOL

So that race I was planning with my buddy with an SRT-4 is cancled because word got out that my car is just a tad bit faster than what people thought it was....since I dont really boast or "call people out"...I kind of just keep to myself.

So if you want to, I would be more than willing to travel and meet you up and show you what my car can do on top end. By then though I will have my new cams in and the car tuned on the S-AFC....uh oh....and more boost :naughty:

Sincerely,

Jonathan Mann

L

lanky189

siman said:
Sorry tony, I have to reply.

No SIman you didn't.

But thanks, now I get to close another thread before it goes down the shit tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.