EGR help

TurboSupra7

Apr 9, 2005
Olathe, Kansas
Hey I'm getting ready to head outside and work on the ol' supra, I just got my EGR block off plates and I just need a simple explanation of what all can come off. EGR , VSV? charcoal canister? vacuum lines? And will I have a lot less problems if I go ahead and take the upper intake mani off first?

spoolint78

Representing T.O
Mar 30, 2005
T.O
you have 2 block of plates correct?
you have to remove the egr off the head, and intake mani, and just bolt on the 2 plates.

You should get a jdm block off plate for the back of the head, i believe that really eliminates the egr

mk3ukr

Apr 12, 2005
Odessa, Ukraine
mk3ukr-supra.net
Charcoal canister has nothing to do with EGR
When disabling EGR you can remove actuator, VSV, one more thing (modulator ???, I removed it many years ago, don't remember) everything you see connected by vacuum lines with EGR. Cleans up engine bay nicely
HTH
Vladimir, 89T

whopwood

Jun 27, 2005
Madison, WI
There are only 2 blockoff plates. One goes on the exhaust side rear of the head. It covers the passage into the #6 exhaust port. The other goes on the surge tank. There is no need for plates to cover the other 2 holes on the head. That is only a passthru on the corner.

First plate goes here (bottom pic) http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/em/EM_40.html After removing the EGR cooler. It uses the bolt hole that the wrench is on and the one above it.
2nd plate goes here (lower pic) http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/em/EM_35.html

Last edited:

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Well teh charcoal canister is different from the EGR but here goes:

Charcoal can:
canister
bracket
all vacuum lineing to TB.
CAP OFF TB so you don't get a vac leak.*
Run the upper tube into the fender with some 6mm silicone vacuum hose

EGR:
main EGR system connecting head to manifold, replace with plates and new gaskets
vacuum lining to TB with solenoid.
Again, cap off TB vacuum line ports*

*- only vacuum caps I found small enough were at Advance Auto Parts. After searching NAPA and Carquest; Advance was suprisingly enough the only one with vac caps that were small enough to seal well.