HEAD Gasket.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
So I'm going to be buliding up my bottom end Monday with a friend of mine... I was going to order a Cometic head gasket but they are 4 weeks on back order. Little too long for me to wait. Jeff at HPF says that with an RA of 20 or less, which is what my Machine shop said they gave me, I should be good with any MHG I choose.

Which should I get? is one going to be better than the other? which is the most forgiving? I wanted a Cometic but if the others will work fine, I am hoping to get my car up and running before school starts late next month (Last Quarter then I've got my degree!!!!)

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
well i can say this. i'm running a cometic right now and love it. i have also run an HKS. with little block prep. that held fine as well. me and greg (adjuster) are the permetex guys.

if my block held with brake quiet i'm sure a smooth surface will do fine. id say hks.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
adjuster made me a permatex guy too, can i join the club? (i'm on a cometic by the way)

cometic is by far the most forgiving, and i think it's the best HG on the market now. (50RA or less) try www.paradiseracing.com . they have them in stock, and i ordered mine 4pm on a wednesday, and received it at 12 noon the next day (thursday). great service. just call them, it's faster and easier!

-shaeff