Blowing dash fuses???

supraman420

Jetta time
Aug 16, 2005
Chicago
I have replace countless fuses, today! I don't know why but I just keep blowing the dask fuse in the kick panel. I don't have any dash except for speed and gas??? This just started today, right after I washed my car. I don't know if some water is shorting something out, if so what could it be? Sorry for the long and frantic post, but I'm sitting at a friends reluctant to drive w/ out any gauges. I thank you all for your help in advance.
Justin

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
chances are- your dimmer is messed up. try swapping in a known good one. dimmers tend to be the problem with dash lights, dash fuses, etc. check that, makes sure all the wires are ok and whatnot.

brake lights- check the 'lamp failure' module mounted behind the drivers side access panel below the tail light. wiggle the wires on it, check your fuses etc...

no gauges would be your 'gauge' fuse. check that sucker, too.

-shaeff

supraman420

Jetta time
Aug 16, 2005
Chicago
Thanks Shaeff. I'm really unsure what the problem is. I will check were you told me to, and I thank you for the advice. So right now I don't have power windows, tach., oil pressure, amps for alt., brake lights. My buddy thats a mechanic tried to use a volt meter but concluded that it's either my ignition switch or gauge cluser... any ideas what is causing all of this at once? And my head and tail lights work when the dimmer is switched to lights up/on position, but when I press the brake, no difference.