Ebay Turbo Kit

soup

fiend
Apr 4, 2005
Vancouver
Shoot me if this is a repost, but I haven't found any info on it.

In my random browsing of Ebay goods I came across the turbo and intercooler kits by Stone Mountain Racing and XS Power sold by SSautochrome:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...em=7965079270&category=33742#ebayphotohosting

The add is confusing since it mentions that it is for 2JZ and 7M engines. I don't have any pics of a 7m exhaust manifold flange to compare it against the one they're advertising. This seems like a smoking deal :eek: even though it's all no-name parts . The company selling this stuff seems to have a decent reputation. I'm not looking to buy this since I already have a set up. I just wanted to throw this out there for anyone that hasn't seen it yet and also to get feedback from anyone that knows of these products or the company.

cheers

Last edited:

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
Repost from the old forum but, I suppose that doesn't count!

I agree with Ck on this one. The turbo and wastegate are bound to be short lived. There will be numerous fitment issues etc...

xffe

I Didn't Do It!
Apr 4, 2005
New London
there was post on SF i think, where they had pics of one of their turbos, the housing was glued together with epoxy Just a heads up, i would personally steer clear of it. Just posting what i've seen.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
haha Yeah I started this post on sm in the before time. I have since decided that the hPF kit is the best deal on the market, and will be buying it soon rather than risk that ebay garbage.
eric

soup

fiend
Apr 4, 2005
Vancouver
pretty much what I expected to hear. Cheap reliable parts are only a pipedream.

The main goal of my post was to find out who has first hand knowledge of the product. Hearsay is good, but I like solid testimony. Kinda like with the monza BOV. Everyone slagged it when it first came out, then people actually started using it and said it was fine.

jazz

Apr 6, 2005
Sydney, Australia
www.funkynerd.com
I think the fact that it's a 2J in the pics says it all.

Not to mention that there doesn't seem to be sufficient plumping (or a front entry plenum) to fit the intercooler properly. There are just so many things wrong with that ad. :icon_roll

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
I dont know what you guys think, but i am going to run one of their manifolds....

As for the turbo....KKK or Garrett BB will do....something along the A/R of a TO4....for quick spool on backroads.

wastegate is TIAL all the way, i have had too many friends go cheap on external wastegates and reap the benifits of boost spikes and boost creaps....weird crap happens with cheap stuff!

I am not all that concerned about the epoxy resin being the building component of a turbo....hell, you trust a CERAMIC turbine blade in there? Basically porceline glass!
Epoxy resins are SUPER STRONG and can withstand high heat loads....how else do you think the space shuttles tiles are adheard to the wing material? ( My grandfather put the tiles on the space shuttles and worked on the onboard generators....and no he was retired when columbia went down).

I might try their TO4.....whats the worst it could do? Blow up and spew crap in my $250 OBX intercooler? :boink:

-Jonathan