ebay manifold help

J

JerzeySlowpra

i recently got a ebay t4 manifold for free and was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the first runner hitting into the oil filter housing, anyway to by pass this besides oil filter relocation?

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Only real way of doing it would be to cut/re-weld the section hitting, ofcourse if you relocated the oil filter it might be easier. I don't know but maybe a spacer between the mani and head? I never heard of such a spacer tho. I say relocation would be best thing to do.
eric

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
I have seen manifold spacers somewhere in these threads and/or on sf. Try a search and you'd be surprised what you may find. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good Luck.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Save yourself the time, trouble, and other headaches and just relocate the filter

Summit's got a few kits, starting at ~$49 shipped. They don't charge for shipping, but there's an ~$8 handling fee.... So $41 for the kit and another $8 for handling.... May cost the same from a local parts store.

Or, just keep an eye out for one on Ebay and maybe get it for less, but I doubt it...

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Or you could sell me the Ebay manifold since I already have the filter relocated.. :)

(And buy a new design that allows for the stock filter mount.)

If you want to sell it, PM me. (I'm looking for a great deal, and since you got it free, I guarentee you will make money by selling it to me.. LOL)

J

JerzeySlowpra

even with the revised version of the ebay manifold, isnt it bad to have the first exaust runner running so close to the oil filter housing because this is wha tthe revised looks like on supra girl's car http://www.supra.co.nz/rebuild/oilhousing.jpg

i grinded the top ridge down on the filter housing so that it would clear just as much as hers does but it doesnt really seem like its good to have exaust that close unless it really doenst matter