T04S turbo

KazeSupra

Apr 13, 2005
Dayton, OH, USA
I'm considering picking up a T04S turbo from a source of mine for a decent price. However, I don't believe that the current compressor (60-1) will support what my goals are (450-500rwhp @ 18psi, 93-94 octane). I'm not really concerned about lag. I am more concerned about actually making the power efficiently.

Now, here are my questions. I've been doing some searching and I keep reading that I can change to a T66 or a T70 compressor wheel and start making horsepower. Is that true? If so, what is the biggest wheel I could get for it? Also, for a rebuilt 7M, what is the smallest T4 turbing housing I could get for it? I've been hearing that a .84 is a great one to get, but I figure, the smaller I can go to get the horsepower I want, the better.

Let me know what you guys think.

Chris.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
There is a hard limit when you start swapping housings as the Turbine housing must be able to flow enough volume for a given Compressor flow.

Too small an AR and you'll start choking off all flow through the motor limiting top end HP.

KazeSupra

Apr 13, 2005
Dayton, OH, USA
Well, I'm only thinking of 2 different housings. Either a .69 or a .84. for the turbine.

Would I be able to take a T04S turbo and change the compressor housing to a T66 or T70? Or if I don't need one that big, what's the compressor wheel and housing I would need to reach my goals? Thanks.

Chris

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
I have a Turbonetics T-61 Ceramic BB turbo for sale that made 390 rwhp @16 psi...might be close to you goals. PM if interested, please. I think the T-61 would fulfill your goals pretty well, but the T-66 would probably work as well.