ROd KNock

ts_MKIII

Aug 8, 2005
Virginia Beach
ok got my car back from the shop for a full tune up.

the situation is that i thought i had timing and ignition problems so i took it there.

well they just called to notify me that it was indeed what i had expected to be, a minor rod knock coming from the bottom of the motor.

so know i need to know what can i do to kind of reduce the knocking if possible.

i dont want to rebuild because with in the next 2 months i will be builing a turbo motor and i would like to spend money on that swap as opposed to using it to fix my old motor.

what are my options what can i do, and what should i do?

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
yea just pulling it out yourself, and having machine shop do your bearings and rods and you could put it back yourself. total cost wouldnt be THAT much compared to a full rebuild.

boost fiend

Banned
Jul 24, 2005
Rockford, Il
diffrent shops have diffrent ideas for price ranges. and if your going to to new bearings, you just might want to have the crank inspected also.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
p5150 said:
buy a 300 dollar corolla or cheap ass gas efficient car to drive around while you fix your supra.

I agree, buy a cheap car do get you by until your new motor is ready. You should get a nice cheap car though, that way you can keep the miles down on the supie anyway!! If you are near Seattle I'll sell you a real gem!!! Its taking up space in my driveway.

Attachments

• Full race 90 gs integra, stock with no muffler.JPG
    Full race 90 gs integra, stock with no muffler.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 30

ts_MKIII

Aug 8, 2005
Virginia Beach
Ok now I have a question about doing a turbo swap conversion… is It hard to re wire?? Also what neeeds to be done to the tack cuz I know it wont work with the turbo motor… all help Is appreciated

ts_MKIII

Aug 8, 2005
Virginia Beach
well the thing is im trying to fix the knowck and spend mnoney cuz im saving it for a sawp so i just needed to jind of decrease the loudness of the knock

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
get a bike or get a ride, nuph said dont destroy a 7m i know lots of people that would enjoy to have one.