'Bout time: some FL legislation

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
Glad this bill got passed.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/05/deadly.force.ap/index.html

This quote sums it up if you don’t want to read the article: "I'm sorry, people, but if I'm attacked I shouldn't have a duty to retreat," said the bill's sponsor, state Rep. Dennis Baxley. "That's a good way to get shot in the back."

It’s a equal force vs force type ruling. Now you don’t have to be in your house or car to use deadly force in self defense, without fear of prosecution. Walking to you car in the parking lot and some thug pulls a gun/knife on you, pull a Mozambique drill (two to the chest, one to the head) without thinking twice. We need national common sense laws like this.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
Good luck with that. Prices of those are nuts lately. Used to be you could get them anywhere for 600 bucks, now everywhere I look it's 1200+. There are still some places with decent prices, but it's getting rare. Nagants work great if you just want to sling the 7.62x54R, plus you can pick those up for 60 bones.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
outofstep said:
Good luck with that. Prices of those are nuts lately. Used to be you could get them anywhere for 600 bucks, now everywhere I look it's 1200+. There are still some places with decent prices, but it's getting rare. Nagants work great if you just want to sling the 7.62x54R, plus you can pick those up for 60 bones.
I don't want a Romanian AK [ROMAK] - they LOOK quite a bit like real Dragunovs, shoot 7.62x54R, but they are just basically a modified AK.
What I really want is a NDM-86. Chinese version of the SVD. I want the version that shoots NATO ammo - much cheaper than SVD ammo. Do a little preventative maintenance and you don't have to worry about slam-fire.
Basically, if I buy one and don't pay more than $2000, I didn't buy what I wanted.
It's not the only gun I want, but one of the most noted. Personally, I think a pump shotgun would be best for home defense. Who's going to keep coming at you when they hear you cock the gun nice n' loud?

My gun list is for an AR-10 and NDM-86 [use the same ammo], and two really good, reliable handguns. I was thinking about two H&K USP .45 Tactical. One rifle and pistol for me, one rifle and pistol for my wife.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
only problem with the USP 45 Tac is that it's a pretty big gun to conceal, esp for a woman. Next on my list is the USP 45 compact.....

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Squid699 said:
only problem with the USP 45 Tac is that it's a pretty big gun to conceal, esp for a woman. Next on my list is the USP 45 compact.....

When compared to the accuracy, ruggedness and size of the Mk23, the Tac is just as good and has a grip like a PPK...
That Mk23 grip is FAT.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
nothing can be as small as a PPK - trust me. But in comparison to the giganamous Mk23, I get what you mean. Still - why get a tac? You ever gonna use the threaded barrel? Just as well you get a regular USP or USP compact.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Squid699 said:
nothing can be as small as a PPK - trust me. But in comparison to the giganamous Mk23, I get what you mean. Still - why get a tac? You ever gonna use the threaded barrel? Just as well you get a regular USP or USP compact.
Just might need suppressor provisions. Nice to have the LAM rails integrated, too. The sights are a bit better than with other USP models.
When the Tac came out, I wanted one. I compared one side by side with the USP and it seemed superior. The o-ring is also an excellent cheap addition that adds to the service life.
Maybe I'll just get a Tac for me and a compact for the wife. Her hands are kinda small, but she has long fingers. *shrug* She might be able to handle it. Still, the o-ring really adds quite a bit of protection. I'm far away from buying all of this. The 2JZ, AEM, wideband and Laptop come first. :D

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
haha....cool

i'm just a stickler for buying weapons that suit the desired result and purpose. I've bought weapons and tried to make them do things they weren't designed to do or have features that I'd never use......so get something that suits your/your wife's needs

L

lanky189

yeah, one time squid bought an 8 guage benelli to go rabbit hunting...

it was a hair overkill

great to hear FLA is wising up. Why should I even hafta worry abuot the life of someone who is going to harm me? I can't wait till i get my money saved up.. H&K usp .45 here i come.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
lanky189 said:
yeah, one time squid bought an 8 guage benelli to go rabbit hunting...

it was a hair overkill

great to hear FLA is wising up. Why should I even hafta worry abuot the life of someone who is going to harm me? I can't wait till i get my money saved up.. H&K usp .45 here i come.

:3d_frown: