heater core

bootleg

Jun 22, 2005
ri
i have to get a heater core for my 89 turbo supra. there is junk yard that has 2 but they are form and 87 non turbo. would it still in my car if ya could help me out
thank

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
they are the same. here's a good writeup to help guide you through the heater core change:

http://duanesmith.nstemp.net/autoheater.html

good luck! (its really not all that difficult. just work efficiently:)) - also, it's easiest NOT to remove the steering wheel, but to look under it, find the two main bolts holding it up, and remove them (maybe they're nuts, cant remember now) and let the steering wheel rest on the driver's seat. the dash will come right out with little effort.

-shaeff

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
With the amount of work involved to swap out a heater core personally I'd buy a new one in case the 2nd hand one you buy is marginal and fails.

There is too much risk on engine damage if there's a failure in a 7M cooling system to risk it.

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
IJ. said:
With the amount of work involved to swap out a heater core personally I'd buy a new one in case the 2nd hand one you buy is marginal and fails.

There is too much risk on engine damage if there's a failure in a 7M cooling system to risk it.

Yep...what he said. And after you read thru the proceedures, I think you'll agree that its a bunch of work to do twice.

Try to be nice to the Toyota parts guy, and see if he'll let you have it for 'net' plus tax. Saves you 20%. :icon_razz

bootleg

Jun 22, 2005
ri
thanks for the help guys i prob just buy a new just so i wont have to do it twice
thanks again