Not open for further replies.

LamaRossa

One and Only LamaRossa
Apr 6, 2005
ct
god damn Ferrari

yup failed today

now my question is

EGR i just did the test. started the car up took the vaccum hose and suck on it , car did not die that means its probably clog

anyone knows what part of the EGR valve is not working so i could take it apart and fix it save $100 instead of buying a new one?????????

failed co % 0.61 instead of 0.53 and PPM NOx 2388 instead of 1167 damn NOx

i def thinks its the egr any suggestion is appreciated

thanx

Lamarossa

LamaRossa

One and Only LamaRossa
Apr 6, 2005
ct
jbsupra89t said:
Do you have cats on the car?

-J

Yes has 3" cat i just swap out my 02 sensor before this emission so maybe thats it and EGR is def stuck

thanx man

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
wellthat high a NOx is usually and indication that you are running lean or your timing is to retarded.

have you checked and triple checked your timing is set at 10 degree BTDC? Also did you warmt he car up at LEAST 30 minutes prior to going to get the test done?

LamaRossa

One and Only LamaRossa
Apr 6, 2005
ct
figgie said:
wellthat high a NOx is usually and indication that you are running lean or your timing is to retarded.

have you checked and triple checked your timing is set at 10 degree BTDC? Also did you warmt he car up at LEAST 30 minutes prior to going to get the test done?

hey yes i drove the shit out of it for like 35 min on the high way

my dump tube was capped

yup 10 deg. btdc

87 gas though

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
3-4 gallons of (m)ethanol in a half full tank. Just about impossible to fail when you do that. Heh, I tried that method with 550s and swapped in a stock afm and fouled plugs just to see if it would pass (I didn't need to go any time soon). Yep, it passed.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
LamaRossa said:
hey yes i drove the shit out of it for like 35 min on the high way

my dump tube was capped

yup 10 deg. btdc

87 gas though

still Nox is a good indicator of the combustion temprature. the higher the temp the more NOx is produced. Basically it is the exact opposite HC

here you go

http://www.firstfives.org/faq/smog/smog_faq.html

also outofstep is right

if you can find e-85 in your neck of the woods. Put some in the tank but DO NOT exceed 20%!!!!

also notice the relation of HC, CO and NOx in this PDF

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h56.pdf

you might have to FIND a way to lean the system up. At stioch the CO level is pretty damn low but the NOx are high but not at thier highest point.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
No way, you got a ferrari? You should take it to a Ferrari dealer, they can probibly fix it for you... Good luck!

LamaRossa

One and Only LamaRossa
Apr 6, 2005
ct
figgie said:
still Nox is a good indicator of the combustion temprature. the higher the temp the more NOx is produced. Basically it is the exact opposite HC

here you go

http://www.firstfives.org/faq/smog/smog_faq.html

also outofstep is right

if you can find e-85 in your neck of the woods. Put some in the tank but DO NOT exceed 20%!!!!

also notice the relation of HC, CO and NOx in this PDF

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h56.pdf

you might have to FIND a way to lean the system up. At stioch the CO level is pretty damn low but the NOx are high but not at thier highest point.

hey thanx man those are great sites

i believe its my EGR took it apart today, clean it ,make sure every part work ,
installed it in the car and test it while its idling
i took off the vaccum hose going to top of EGR with vaccUM and the car still runs fine , car shoulda try to die

so EGR is fucked i gotta buy a new one

damn it

More money

Lamarossa

Turkish

Apr 4, 2005
I suggest you just do yourself, us and the world a favor and drive that ugly bastardised step child of a car you have there off a cliff, thanks.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
im sorry to point this out, but are those blocks behind the tires in your sig??
im sorry man but thats not quite a ferrari. for one it weighs a good 2000% more than one.

sorcereur

MKIII Revolution Inc.
Mar 31, 2005
NC
americanjebus said:
im sorry to point this out, but are those blocks behind the tires in your sig??
im sorry man but thats not quite a ferrari. for one it weighs a good 2000% more than one.
No shit sherlock...

LamaRossa

One and Only LamaRossa
Apr 6, 2005
ct
sometimes i just wonder were some of you are coming up with some of these replies ?????????????????????

wow ive learn so much shit about emission within the last two days im gonna start teaching a class for cheating emission hahahha

no shit its not a Ferrari.

Lamarossa

sorcereur

MKIII Revolution Inc.
Mar 31, 2005
NC
If you unplug the egr vacuum hose, the car will just idle like shit and sound like a misfire..... At least that's what it did on my old car.

Status
Not open for further replies.