ahh shi+ need to get my car running asap

evildoer

Apr 4, 2005
Augusta, Georgia
Aight heres the problem me and my ol lady are spliting up and ive been driving my nova that i gave her so she will be moving back to florida so that leaves me with no car. So heres the problem MONEY ive been buying parts here and there i have a 321 exh manifold that i want to put a t4 on it, arp head studs
rod and main bolts and a few other odds and ends. So heres my question
my bottom end has 140k on it engine has a blown head gasket and has been sitting for a few months. Now logic tells me i should have the bottom end rebuilt as with the head but my money wont allow me to do it the right way.
The car wasnt smoking when i parked it. so do you guys think ill be alright just getting the head rebuilt and surfaced and the block resurfaced for a metal head gasket
use the head studs. and get a small used t4 turbo oil lines etc. the car had no knock leaked alittle oil from around the oil drain but nothn serious i would have to put some oil in every few weeks i guess this really isnt a question just nervous about doing it half ass also does the bottom end need to be fully disassembled internaly to have it resurfaced? if so guess im fu#### i guess if anything that would be my question about the internals on the bottom end and once my car is back on the road i can get a jdm motor on the stand take it apart and have some 1 rebuild it correctly.
Im selling some of the parts im not using anymore old ct and manifold so that will help out some. i wish i knew more about motors to rebuild it myself but i dont so i wont but i sure can disassemble it and pull it to save money anyways sorry to ramble jus nervous wit everything goin on any input besides a kick in the head would be appeciated thanks ..glenn

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Does it still have the stock turbo and everything else intact to run, without the goodies you have? If so, I would seriously recommend fixing the BHG, but not slapping all that other stuff on, until you can afford it.

Right now, you need a car to drive, to keep your job and pay for all the other expenses associated with a rebuild... parts, gaskets, downtime, and the VERY MANY unplanned expenses that no one ever counts on (which is why some of the projects take forever).

Take your time and do things right. In addition to this car stuff, you'll likely have a bunch of other stuff happen, just because of the break-up. Unexpected bills, emotional drama, etc, etc, etc. Keep your wits about you and "plan" whatever you decide to do. Don't be hasty in your decisions and be shooting from the hip.... it will cost you much more in the long run if you do.

I had a similar issue while my 1JZ project was going on. I dumped my crazy-@$$ GF and ended up getting a beater (Galant). Now I have almost completed the 2JZ project (which is where I wanted to eventually be). Good luck!!