Turbo Timer Help

MKIIITrbo89

Mar 31, 2005
West Chester PA
I am trying to install a Blitz Duel Turbo Timer and am not having luck keeping the car idoling after I take the key out of the ignition. I used a universal wiring harness I bought for the installation. I only hooked up the turbo timer feature and did not mess with the other options the timer has. The LCD lights up and I can cycle through the features and set the countdown manually or set it to auto calculate the shutdown time. The auto timer always stays at 10 sec no matter how I am driving. As I stated before both the manual and automatic features do no keep the car idoling once I take the keys out. I am pretty sure I hooked it up right so am kind of stumped. Also I have an aftermarket keyless entry/alarm system but I did not think this would affect the car not staying on.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
You need to hook up the wires for everything. It probably has wires that go to RPM, throttle and boost pressure. How do you think the turbo timer gets it's signals to calculate out the automatic cooldown? It has to "watch" how you are driving. You need to hook everything up.

MKIIITrbo89

Mar 31, 2005
West Chester PA
Kwnate, ya you answered my question. I just found something online stating the ebrake wire must be grounded. The diagram I am looking at shows the ebrake wire from the TT tapping into the stock E brake wire. I beleive this is for starter kill incase someone tries to disengage the ebrake during idol down. If I choose not to do that would grounding the ebrake wire just to part of the car itself make the TT idol down with the ignition off?

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
I believe the wire from the e-brake is linked to the light on the dash and that is all. So when the e brake is on the timer will work, without any current running through the e-brake line to the light, the car will shut off. So I don't think grounding it will work, just follow the directions. I don't think just grounding it will work. good luck??!

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Grounding it will work fine, but the car won't shut off if you release the ebrake, so someone could get in and take off...

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
Regarding the wireing up of the dual timer,I have a translated manual when i bought mine.The wires that are needed are as follows
red+blue acc
Black-green ign
Purple handbrake (but can be grounded)
Orange speedsensor(not needed)
white shiftlock(autos and not needed.
Most important is the vac/boost line.it must be connected otherwise it simply wont work regardless if the wiring is correct.
Depending on the yr of your ma70 is what pin the speedsensor is.
I have got a 88.8-90.8 - 22pin plug.Top row (cliprelease is up) 3rd from left.
86.2-88.8 - 24pin plug.Top row (clip release is up)6th from left.
I have only hooked up the necessary wires and it works fine.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
The handbrake is a very good feature in these timers. Let's say you have a hard run and are cooling down for 3-5 minutes in the driveway, at the mall, or any other place. You take the key out of the ignition and lock up. You walk to the store and some creep sees your car is on, comes and breaks in [takes just seconds] and drops the e-brake. He can do as he pleases.. AND if he knows how to use a turbo timer [kindergarten learning curve here, people], he can switch the timer mode and keep adding time to the cooldown, up to 10 minutes essentially. A thief would have a field day with that.

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
drunk_medic said:
The handbrake is a very good feature in these timers. Let's say you have a hard run and are cooling down for 3-5 minutes in the driveway, at the mall, or any other place. You take the key out of the ignition and lock up. You walk to the store and some creep sees your car is on, comes and breaks in [takes just seconds] and drops the e-brake. He can do as he pleases.. AND if he knows how to use a turbo timer [kindergarten learning curve here, people], he can switch the timer mode and keep adding time to the cooldown, up to 10 minutes essentially. A thief would have a field day with that.

Don't know if the Blitz is the same(or if I just botched my wiring w/out the harness), but the way my Greddy is installed the wheel lock still works(turn the wheel when the car is off and it locks). So any would-be thief won't get very far.

MKIIITrbo89

Mar 31, 2005
West Chester PA
I got it working. IHI, you were right I did not ground the purple E - Brake wire. I just grounded it and the manual mode works, along with the auto mode, but thats obvioulsy not accurate cause nothing else is hooked up. The manual feature is just fine for me. I have an aftermarket keyless entry/alarm in my car which automatically locks/unlocks the doors when you turn the car off and on. Because of this I can't lock the car with the turbo timer going because when the car shuts off it will just unlock. Don't really think it can be rewired. So I will just be using the TT when I am at my house, friends houses, and other places where I no my car will be safe from being stolen.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
thats what i do anyway... i will still babysit my car if i go to the mall or any busy public place. i wont stand next to it, but i will stand within earshot of it... then again, my locks stay locked....

and, you misspelled West Chester. :D

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
The alarm will still work great, so long as you hook the TT up with respect to it. There are tech articles out there on how to properly hook your TT up while allowing you to use an aftermarket alarm.

Search for this information - a fidged alarm is not something you should have to "deal with", unless you are open to eventually "dealing with" a stolen Supra!