What is my 7M worth?

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
I'm thinking of doing the 1J swap, so I'm trying to determine what I can sell me my 7M & tranny for.

The motor has 125k miles & is in excellent condition. I put on a HKS MHG, all new toyota seals, new timing belt & had the head completely rebuilt @ 123K. The motor will come complete with harness, all accessories, MAFT converter, 3" GM Maf, bosch 110 BOV, Cooleze downpipe & stock IC. It has excellent compression & makes great power for a stock CT-26.

So, what is it worth?

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Sounds almost exactly like mine....HKS MHG, around 100,000 miles on it rebuilt about 2000 miles ago, guessing 300 in the back wheels with a T4, stock IC, but I'm not selling my BOV, MAF-T, T4, adapter, etc. yet. Harness/ECU yes though

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Rakka: JDM 7M's are starting to run out in Japan so it's value might go up in time!

If you don't need to sell it to finance whatever comes next it may be worth sitting on.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!? NO!

1) being "different" nowadays is KEEPING the 7m... swapping the 1jz is becoming trendy as hell...bleh...

2) i hate you 7m power for life!

3) you dissapoint me :cry:

4) IF you decide you really want to do this... how are you planning on doing the swap? you yourself? or what? you HATE wiring and electronics but whos gonna do your harness? ;)

5) i hate you

6) 7m>1jz

7) wanna sell some of your mods seperately? i can probably find a few buyers...

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
What about me, I have basically the same shit :biglaugh:

7M power for life! I agree though...I have plans my DD now to get on 7M Power instead of my project car.

The 7M IMO is the perfect engine. Inline (easier to work on), RWD, very beefy, torquey, undersquare, with some tuning you can get the power of an 8 with the economy of a 4, not too big or small, the perfect exhaust tone...etc. etc.

I vow to always have at least 1 7M powered car for the rest of my life. I fell in love with this beauty!!

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Idealsupra said:
MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!? NO!

1) being "different" nowadays is KEEPING the 7m... swapping the 1jz is becoming trendy as hell...bleh...

2) i hate you 7m power for life!

3) you dissapoint me :cry:

4) IF you decide you really want to do this... how are you planning on doing the swap? you yourself? or what? you HATE wiring and electronics but whos gonna do your harness? ;)

5) i hate you

6) 7m>1jz

7) wanna sell some of your mods seperately? i can probably find a few buyers...

Did you see the term 'thinking about' it? :biglaugh: I've been caught up with Becauseican's twin set up & I've been thinking about it ever since, but I haven't made any firm plans.

Who knows, if I ever get my 550's, 57 trim & a good tune, I'd forget all about it. BTW, did you get my PM about the R154?

Last edited: