well i'm on my own....finally

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
i moved out of the house this morning and into a dorm room at virginia commonwealth university. it's ok, my roomemate seems like a nice guy, kinda a shut in, hasnt left all day. i think we'll get along. so who else went to school this fall? i know i'm not the only one.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
souprat said:
i moved out of the house this morning and into a dorm room at virginia commonwealth university. it's ok, my roomemate seems like a nice guy, kinda a shut in, hasnt left all day. i think we'll get along. so who else went to school this fall? i know i'm not the only one.

Your roomate is just probably depressed of moving into a dorm...hell, I would be!

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
I am going back to school again in the fall... went away 3 years ago, got dismissed, went to local community school while living at home, now I'm back to dorm life. Kinda sucks cuz my last semester away I was in an apartment with 3 of my good friends, but oh well. Talked to my roommate seems kinda cool, I'm not the most extroverted person on the planet but I honestly think being in a place where I don't know anyone, might actually be a good thing... ah well, just 2 more years.

-J

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
still living at home, i walk two blocks to community college for the next year then transfer to bellingham, dunno where i'll stay over there.

all i know is as soon as school starts the car gets phazed out A LOT and once summer starts school gets fazed out by the car A LOT.

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
all i know is as soon as school starts the car gets phazed out A LOT and once summer starts school gets fazed out by the car A LOT.[/QUOTE said:
i know exactly what you mean. i left the sup at home *snif* i miss her already. but i know my parents will watch over her. it's probly better that i left her behind, it would be a big distraction. and when i get home for thanksgiving i'll have a 50 trim ct waiting for me!

what are you guys studying? i'm doing mechanical engeneering.

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Accounting... and I agree with the car. Mine is staying tucked in the garage for the whole year. Hopefully a cage will find its way in there over winter break and early spring. It is an incredible distraction sometimes, and I'm actually glad it wont be with me :D

-J

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I go to school at a hospital about 25 mins away, would be stupid for me to move out, although I'm not sure I won't spend $3-400 on gas per month, rather than rent..... but I get an awesome shop while I'm living here so.... what more could I want?

Just a little under 2 more years and I'll be out, so... I'll just move out of mom and dad's in 5 or 6 :biglaugh:

L

lanky189

drunk_medic said:
Our boy's all grown up now.

Good for you, man. Study hard, and don't forget to occasionally go out and have fun.

dont you mean party hard and don't forget to occasionally go out and study?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
drunk_medic said:
Do it that way and you might have to settle for a salary way less than you want for your Supra.

damn straight,
and I'm in the dorms again :(
getting a house in spring tho wahoo, and comp. engineering major here.

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
drunk_medic said:
Do it that way and you might have to settle for a salary way less than you want for your Supra.

:werd: i think i can sacrafice a few years of fun to be able to play for the rest of my life. i just hope i can keep it up. i dont think any 10 second car is owned by a guy who flips burgers for a living.

L

lanky189

WANNA BET!

HAH..well actually he's a manager at the mcdonalds..and its an 8 second car...

anywho.yeah..study hard..enjoy yourself and get to know new people...i mean girls...

btw..souprat you're on VAsupras right? Well man if your in VA and you have a supra, you're never on your own...

meggs521

Apr 6, 2005
South Bend
souprat said:
what are you guys studying? i'm doing mechanical engeneering.

That's what I'm doing. Just started my junior year today... fun times.

And I wish I was in the dorms, but I moved back home after being gone the first two years. Ya, I'm gonna go crazy.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
meggs521 said:
That's what I'm doing. Just started my junior year today... fun times.

And I wish I was in the dorms, but I moved back home after being gone the first two years. Ya, I'm gonna go crazy.
yea the dorms are cool, but the dorms here at tech are about as small as a box of cracker jacks.:biglaugh:

meggs521

Apr 6, 2005
South Bend
D34DC311 said:
yea the dorms are cool, but the dorms here at tech are about as small as a box of cracker jacks.:biglaugh:

Ya... I liked the house I rented last year more then the dorms. But even a small box would be better then living at home some days.

But don't tell my mom I said that.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
"What, are your cells 8x8? Ours are 9x9 - no big deal..."

I remember visiting a friend of mine at Jacksonville University in Florida. She had a roommate, and the room barely seemed big enough for ONE person. Crazy. I couldn't do it - I hate being around alot of people, even in open places. In a small room? Forget about THAT crap!

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
im doing medical transcription for starters while getting an associates of arts and sciences/transfer degree so i can do mechanical engineering while working at a hospital. at the end of my AA and medical transcription i will decide between pharmacist and mechanical engineer.

pharmacist over $30 an hour for starters, engineer, make suff and use it towards building a car. dunno we'll see how i like the fields. i figured before i made my decision at a career that i should try the career first.

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
the rooms here at vcu are kinda big. maybe like 10x14? it's nice. jebus: you mean the legal kind of pharmacist right? :icon_razz
and meggs i know exactly what you mean. the weeks before i left every time i got yelled at from my mom i would just think "man i only got 20 days".