Fuel pump?WTF!

MK3less

Money eating monster
Jun 3, 2005
Mass
o.k so today I went to set the timing on my car and I notice that ther was a jumper in the diagnostic box from pin B+ to pin FP ok with that said my problem is the car wont strat whith out that jumper once running i can remove the jumper and the car will continue to run and when warm it will restart but if I let the car sit for a few hours it wont start againg unles I jump the two pins. anybody have any Idea what the hell is going on .Thanks

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Just a wild guess, but sounds like some kind of relay problem or ECU signal trouble. Essentially I think with the jumper you are directly feeding the battery voltage to the fuel pump, so something else isn't sending it when it should without that jumper wire. I'll go look at some diagrams and see if I can come up with some ideas. Someone more knowledgable than me will probably jump in here in a sec... :)

MK3less

Money eating monster
Jun 3, 2005
Mass
but if the relay was bad will the car coninue to run when I remove the jumper once it has been started ?

T34418L3ONE

Supra for brains.....
Jul 3, 2005
Pleasanton
i think so because at that point your just running 12v all the time instead of a variable voltage. Try the 12v mod and see if that works

MK3less

Money eating monster
Jun 3, 2005
Mass
12v mod? is that the one that you jump the two wire on the plug on the P.S fender? if so I all ready tried that with no help. Iam thinking of rewireing the fule pump whith a relay to run of key power at a constant 12v