Brake pedal...?

sathu

Apr 20, 2005
SJ, CA
I don't know if this is tech or general so...

Anyway, I have a 91 turbo auto and the brake pedal is just annoying. I don't want to have half of my foot on the gas pedal while I step on the brake. The dealer has a manual brake pedal for 70 before taxes that I am thinking of replacing with. How hard to remove the big fat pedal from the auto and replace it with the manual one and will it work w/o problem?

I think it should work fine since people does the 5sp swap and all, just wanna know how hard it would be since there doesn't seem to be much holding the pedal to the body.

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
if ur a contortionist or a gymnist then im sure u flexy enough to get under your dash and unbolt the 14mm bolt (i think) and pull the release pin and pin swap with the 5sp brake pedal and pop the pin with the clip back in and bolt the pedal back in all without gettin a sore neck,arms,cramped shoulders,or u can just remove the seat.I used to left foot brake when i was auto,didnt have a problem.got too used to it infact my right foot felt funny brakin.

sathu

Apr 20, 2005
SJ, CA
I actually started breaking with my left foot for the past 3 weeks. My right foot was getting tired from long drive and constant movement when traffic hit so I use my left foot. I am almost use to it now and can rather brake the car smootly with the left foot. Before that, the car brake really hard when I use the left foot :). I'll probably manage to change it some how. When ever I do electronic that deal with that area I always has to bend my back and neck to see under there. But yeah, probably will pull a muscle or two after replacing that pedal :naughty: .