Turbo Timer Question

YourHondaSux

I like Supras
Aug 12, 2005
Panther Country
www.cardomain.com
Hey guys, I've searched on here but I haven't seen any threads address this.

I know its a good idea to install a turbo timer and I've been looking around at different ones. My question is...What is the difference between a more expensive one, such as Greddy, and a generic one from ebay? If I pick up one from ebay for ~$20, is it going to work well? Is it just a matter of paying for the name, or are there real quality differences between the two? I mean, all the timer is going to do is keep the engine running for a certain period of time after I take the key out. So as long as it accomplishes that, then it should be good, correct? What do you guys think? Help a N00b out!

sathu

Apr 20, 2005
SJ, CA
I think people buy the $50 one from those name for the warranty and know that it does work. Most people would probably use them for the features that the timer has, such as the 0-60 and 1/4 mile time. But if you want to get the one from ebay just for the timer then you could use it as well. Some aftermarket alarm system also has a build in timer.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I have a HKS TT-V Type 1. I bought it when it was brand new from Japan back in the year 2000, so unfortunately it's readout is in kilometers per hour. Still, this unit works well and has SO many features. I do like it. Unfortunately, I am a fashion whore [AKA ricer] and want to do my interior in black, chrome and blue, so I may sell my HKS turbo timer and boost controller to get my hands on a black/blue Greddy combo. Should have the same quality and options, so why not? :D

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
cheers Yourhondasux,This dual timer is oldschool,cost aud$250 was the top thing in yr2000.It is just a boostgauge,peakhold and auto/manual timer.The auto is boost sensative so the more time on boost the more time to cooldown.but the times are not enough i feel.boosting for a few mins would only rack up 30sec's so i override it to manual.flick up a coupple mins.It sits next to my blitz dsbc.same size,green screen and goes along with my blitz sus airfilter:biglaugh:

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
I have a HKS that has the volt meter in it. It basically just does what it's supposed to do,and thats all I want. You can burst your wad on something simple like this,and save the rest5 for go-fast parts. Just depends on what you want!