GT30R 1JZ vids

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Nice cool day so vids were in order. People had been bugging me for vids so here they are. Nothing spectacular, descriptions below...

Idle and revs

Short vid of the idle, not that much of a chop from the 264s. Few quick revs to ~4k RPM only. In a crowded parking lot and didn't feel like drawing attention to myself :nono:

Highway merge @18psi

Little vid of a merge onto the highway. Quick burst from ~45-100. This is running off the WG spring, no EBC, and a very mild tune (mid 10s A/F). My friend was more interested in not having glare in the vid so he just videoed the dash.

If you're curious, mods are....

1jz, GT30R/HKS 3037s, HKS tubular manifold, HKS Type S FMIC, HKS Std. WG dumped to atmosphere, HKS SSQV, HKS FconV, TechEdge WB, mkiv 550s, Aeromotive AFPR, 4" exhaust from the exhaust housing back to a Borla XR1 race muffler (doesn't muffle sh!t), and a few other misc. bits and pieces. It is Eric Rhodes' old car, for those of you that were on the lists from a long time ago... Thanks for watching. Comments, criticism, questions are welcome! :biglaugh:

-J

1TuffSupra

Sho' Nuff
Jul 11, 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Your car sounds mean as hell! :love:
I wish you had a vid of a drive-by at WOT though, but those short vids were definitely impressive. How much did you spend putting your exhaust together? I want to go 4" (once turbo) and i have to either do it myself or get the goliath from HPF, but im sure it can be done cheaper than 700+

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Thanks for the comments guys... the concensus is that mean is probably the best adjective for open wastegate. It really is unlike anything else. :)

Joe, that was barely 7k, it's been to 7800 before and oh boy...

Tuff, I didn't put the exhaust together, but i'm sure it wasn't cheap. I need to get it reworked to tuck up a little better, right now the ground clearance SUCKS ASS. I might get the goliath when I redo it, but I'm not sure how far downstream the v-band clamp is on mine. It might not bolt up and be too short/long :(

-J

1TuffSupra

Sho' Nuff
Jul 11, 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
ok, well thanks man. I just assumed that if I were to buy the piping and have it welded together locally it would be cheaper than buying the goliath. Its 700 w/o muffler and 900 with. Either way, your car simply sounds amazing, and I think you've swayed my opinion on the external vs internal wg's

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Thanks man... keep in mind that 4" piping is NOT that cheap compared to say 3" :( www.burnsstainless.com has a few prices, and you can probably get an idea. If you go custom, just make sure you tuck that up, because 4" doesn't leave a lot of room for ground clearance (no pun intended... I think). And yes, open wastegate is intoxicating :D

EDIT: Sorry IJ I missed the post, the hotside is IIRC .73, I would have to run out to the car real quick and double check. There are too many numbers to remember sometimes :1zhelp:

-J

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Har har har... gym shorts. +1 to anyone who can name the song that I didn't realize was pretty damn loud in the cruising around vid :rofl:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
jbsupra89t said:
EDIT: Sorry IJ I missed the post, the hotside is IIRC .73, I would have to run out to the car real quick and double check. There are too many numbers to remember sometimes :1zhelp:

-J
LOL no probs!

Available AR's I know of are .63 .82 and 1.06 which did you get?
(just trying to get a feel for flow,response at high engine speeds)

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
See the thing is, my hotside is from an HKS 3037s... not the conventional GT30R. Which throws all types of wrenches into the system. I know the FRONT side is a .60. Ah fuck it, I'm gonna go check right now and i'll post it up later :rofl:

-J

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Yep it doesn't do too bad up top :) I am looking forward to a dyno because I am eager to see where I'm at and where I can go :D

-J

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
HAHAHAHAHAH! Hilarious :rofl:

Next vids I'll make sure I hide my legs at the expense of baking inside the car :icon_razz