uneaven boost??

blue_spra

Apr 6, 2005
Pasco, WA
I just recently installed all the upgrades necesary to run higher boost(60-1, 550's, walbro, lex afm yadda yadda) and i turned up my manual boost controller in hopes to run 18psi. Well it kind of runs 18 but not quite. Each gear gets slightly more boost than the last. 1st gear will pull 13psi, then second gear gets 16psi, and by the time im in 5th i can build, well 20 is as high as ive seen it spike to. does anyone have any ideas on what might be the problem? Boost leak maybe? thanks in advance.

Scott

blue_spra

Apr 6, 2005
Pasco, WA
ok, that makes sence. so is there a way to get the 18psi i want in the lower gears without over boosting inthe higher gears?

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Is this with a Ct-26? try using shims to increase the boost to say 12 psi... i had better results then..

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
to hold the wastegate closed when thier is exceive pressure in the exhaust manifold. Trust me... it works.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
Ckanderson said:
Lots of the high (er) boost people do it...

most people with the ebcs shim the WG so it holds the boost until redline...this really only helps with the ct's ...anything aftermarket wont have a problem.... :biggrinki :aigo: :weak: :drool:

sorry just playing with the new smilies :D

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
haha ^ Ideal

I'm getting an e-01 in the mail tomorrow... hopefully it will allow me to do just what you're describing as i have tha tproblem with my MBC right now :)