FREE supra , messed up wiring

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
ok i was talking to this racer guy with a 300z and we have tested our cars vs each other before and he mentioned that he used to have an 87 turbo 5sp but he ended up running a 100 shot of no2 in it and blew some kind of oil seals and he ended up just selling it for like $300 to a guy in town. well last he hear the guy put a jdm 7mgte in it and had it going but he messed up the wiring so bad he couldnt get it to work again. well last time this guy heard from this guy the guy was giving the car out for free to anyone who would promise to fix it and make it fast. issue is the wiring is all screwed up.

my question is not wether or not to get this (if i can find this guy i will take it no matter what condition) but if i could just buy a new wiring harness and swap it into the car (how hard would that be, now much $$,) i know i can get a wiring harness but i dont know just how intricate the things are.

or

what stand alone engine management system i can run to get the whole thing going. i want this for dyno reasons and all the stuff i want to do to my car but this way i have no guilt, if it blows, well oh well.

just wanted to know my options for a car with no wiring, new stock harness and ecu or totally replace it with standalone??

M

Makavelli

GrimJack said:
New wiring harness costs under $400 at Jay Marks, standalone is another $1500 on top of that. I'd fix the stock wiring.

Shit, for that you can just about put in another engine. Is the engine that's in it tuned, or stock?

BTW--if he's giving it away, I want it. Regardless of condition, I'll come pick it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

zmatt

can you use stuff from 7mge engine on a 7mgte or what do you have to change?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
get it. wiring on these cars really isnt that difficult. get a NEW harness, slap it in, clean all connections, and go! oh yeah, build the poop out of it first!

-shaeff

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Idealsupra said:
changing a harness out if you arent a moron shouldnt take longer then two hours...i did it under and hour and that was with my pansy ass taking breaks for drinks and shit lol...

thats what i figured considering i dont have to solder every connecter in. i was just looking farther down the road as to how reliable the standard ecu and wiring would be if i chose to build the car up to 400hp but i geuss the stock ecu is all i would need.

now i just gotta find the guy.

and from what i know its just a low mile jdm 7mgte swap with stock levels.