The 'B' just joined my 'HG'

sirkus

May 12, 2005
Cartersville, Ga
itsholdingon.tk
I have been paranoid about this for the past few months or so. I was changing my oil last saturday and I noticed when the oiled drained out it had a white tint to it. I instantly stopped the oil flow and let it run all over my hands, like a movie. I then screamed really loud. My father said that I could borrow his nissan pickup untill I got my car fixed. So, now that time isn't against me on this job, I am wondering a few things that I could do to improve the car when start on replacing the gasket. Well, First off, I just orderd the Titan 1.4mm metal head gasket. Link I was starting to wonder though, are ARP headstuds really worth it? I have heard several people replace theirs with ARP, I was just wondering what is so good about them. I would also like to know what else I could do to the engine as it is so that I can run 10psi (and still be reliable)? While I have it in pieces I could go ahead and start replacing parts, have stuff sent off. I already have a BIC DP and full 3" exhaust.
Also, how long did it take some of you to replace the HG? I have the TSRM, I was thinking about doing it myself, considering my mechanic wants $1200 to do it. Was it really hard to do? I am just really hoping and wishing that my car will turn out better than ever, with 10psi :)...
Well, these are just a few questions that have been bothering me.

-eric

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
the stock bolts are really weak and you can't torque them down as hard as the ARP's. The head STUDS have a stud, and then a nut that holds the head on, twice as many threads as the bolts. That's all I know.

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
get arp studs, worth it. it's not hard to do. just take you time and work stedaly. when the heads are off it's easy to get to alot of things, like injectors would take 10 seconds to replace. but take care of the important things frist, stuff that must be replaced. then worry bout the stuff you dont need.