help a newbie out here guys!

B

Bruce20636

Hey guy I have a chance to get a 1983 Supra, My question to you guys is would it be worth it or should I wait until I can get a 87-92 Supra? Give a new guy a hand.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
first off, welcome to supramania!

now, this is an mkiii site, so i can almost guarantee everybody who posts after me is going to say wait for the mkiii.

well, mkii's aren't turbo, mkiii's come with or without, and you can always swap in a 7m-gte (turbo mkiii motor) into an mkii which will basically be an mkiii but 1000lbs lighter. question is, what do you want?

clifftrail

Jun 19, 2005
Abq
If your new to cars and have a tighter budget the MK II can be a good/fun car. It's light and the 5M is a good motor. Your not going to be able to do much with it though, but if it's in good shape it will be a reliable driver. Got to go with Robbo though, what shape is it in and how much? You don't want to buy a car that has parts harder to find than the MK III if it's a fixer upper.

M

Makavelli

How much is the car?
Do you like the car?
Does it drive good?

Are you lookin for a fun daily driver or do you want it cause it's a Supra?

As a fun daily driver, the MK2's cool. If you want a Supra, got at least MK3. Besides, MK3's aren't much higher in price than MK2's, at least from what I've seen. I got mine for $1000 bucks cause it needs a paint job.

B

Bruce20636

thanks alot guys I think I will wait and get a Mkiii, the only thing is there hard to find around here in MD. I would have to go out off state and get one in good condition. I have always wanted a 87- 93 Supra (1) Theres not alot of them around here. (2) The 7M-GTE is capable of whooping up on newer cars. and (3) THEY JUST LOOK SO DAMN COOL!!!!!!!! Hey if anyone knows where i can trade a 1993 Honda Accord LX for an MkIII or get 2300 for it to purchase one get to me at bruce6802003@yahoo.com