pilot bearing

crf_rider

Apr 23, 2005
Portland, OR
Just pack grease in behind the pilot bearing. When you get as much as you can in there grab a bolt that is a snug fit in the pilot bearing hole (or use an extra alignment tool) and smack it with a hammer a couple times. The bearing will come out.

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
the puller looks like it would work. looks like the one i got from aap except that one was a two jaw. i also had to do some wresaling to make it fit in the bearing, wouldnt fit stright on, i had to put one jaw in and then the other but worked great.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
The SST I bought was totally hassle free and easy to use... although it did cost an arm and a leg @ 45 dollars.

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
crf_rider said:
Just pack grease in behind the pilot bearing. When you get as much as you can in there grab a bolt that is a snug fit in the pilot bearing hole (or use an extra alignment tool) and smack it with a hammer a couple times. The bearing will come out.

What he said....free too !!

joeyd161

El Jefé
Apr 18, 2005
Schaumburg,IL
i got my new flywheel from autozone today and the pilot bearing but isnt the pilot bearing suppose to fit in the center of the flywheel. because the flywheel i got the hole is too big or did they just give me wrong parts

joeyd161

El Jefé
Apr 18, 2005
Schaumburg,IL
got the pilot bearing out last night. tryed the pilot bearing puller from harbor frieght didnt work, tryed the wet toilet paper thing didnt work, had to take a pair of needle nose pliers that were bent and pull on the inside of the bearing and after a half hour of pulling it finally popped out. now finally get to finish this clutch up today

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
yeah the SST is great, but not everyone has access to them. The grease method is the cheapest, but also messy. So long as you fill it all the way up and use something that fits very snugly in, the pilot bearing pops right out.