"stock" mk3 puts it on 3 Fox Bodies (vid)

SupraRacer

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
St. Louis
My brothers car is completly stock. stock tires/suspention/motor/turbo/clutch, everything, cept it has a 3" downpipe, and a $3 ebay air filter. its running off the stock wastegate(unshimmed)

well running around ive put 3 notchs on my 5.0 belt.

1st race was a 5.0 setup for spray(auto)raced from a 60-110 roll and i pulled 2 cars on him. then went from a dig and we were dead even all the way through the quarter.

2nd race was a 5spd notchback 5.0 with longtubes, flowmaster exhaust, and 3.73 gears. we went once from a dig. i pulled out 3/4 of a car on him, bounced in 1st, hit 2nd and pulled out to about 2 cars. then went again from a 20punch, spun in 1st pulled out 1/2 car bounced in 1st again, hit 2nd and pulled out a car then ended about 1.5-2 cars. (i have this race on video)

Last one was just a stock 5.0 prolly an auto, he pulled up next to me and reved. we he took off and i downshifted and flew past him before hitting fuel cut. oops

I hosted the video on Streetfire.net, it should be extremely obvious which is which.

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=1E2A3F39-122E-4BAB-A99D-1143621555E6

This was taken off my buddies digi camera, not a video camera and he ran out of space before the end of the race, but really i think the race was already over.

i love the fact that my brother bounces in 1st and still pulls out a car when he passes.

Having shit tires -- $Free
Modifications --$200
Picking up 1.5 seconds in the quarter mile? -- Priceless

gotta love the old 7M.

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
agreed, saying a car is stock, even going so far as completely stock leaves no room for an 'except' except if you are talking about something like 'stock except for the missing fender' or 'completely stock except for the 89+ tails'

SupraRacer

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
St. Louis
well first i said "stock" not stock. see i used the little (" ") things around it. also except for the Dp, everything is stock. i dont want you to think that it has wider tires, or an aftermarket suspention, or a built up motor. we didnt alter the boost its just running off the stock spring on the wastegate, unshimmed, and on the stock 150Kmile turbo.Also when he took the car to the track and ran it totally stock he ran a 15.65, last week he ran a 14.11 with nothing else done but running it straight off the 3" downpipe.

damn i got more crap from the mk3 forum than i did on SF. in fact we didnt get any doubts, just a "tell the 5.0 driver to learn how to drive"

SupraRacer

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
St. Louis
ah i get it. you think im easily impressed by a low 14 sec mk3? ah ok, you think im one of those little ricer douches that think the Srt-4 is the greatest car evar, and the skyline is god? correct?

Ive owned 2 12 sec mk3's. and even thats not impressive until you see what little was done to them, and that 75% of the car was still running 100K+ mile stock parts. hell how many guys can you think of that ran 12's on an unmodified ct-26? on a stock clutch? untuned? on street radials? im willing to bet that if you can even think of any you wouldnt be able to fill up one hand. personally i can think of only 2 others. so dont think i am one of thousands of bpu mk3 owners that think my shit is 1337 because i can beat srt-4's and can "hang" with 03 Cobras.

i am mearly impressed that with one simple cheap modification on a stock mk3 turbo that it can make such a drastic differance. Of all people id think a mk3 forum would appreciate this fact we have come across. instead i get bs about me calling it a stock car when it has a modification. wtf is that. thats jealous ricer bs. enjoy using this as a free outlet to bash my thread, as im sure you will to try and save face. i will only respond back to positive feedback, or questions anyone might have. so flame away.

parid

HossWagon
Aug 18, 2005
Oregon
So the only factor that changed between the 15.65 run and the 14.1 run was the downpipe? The track conditions were exactly the same? The launch was the same? What were both 60ft times? There is a lot more to drag racing that could explain differances between runs then just your car's mods.

SupraRacer

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
St. Louis
parid said:
So the only factor that changed between the 15.65 run and the 14.1 run was the downpipe? The track conditions were exactly the same? The launch was the same? What were both 60ft times? There is a lot more to drag racing that could explain differances between runs then just your car's mods.

the 15.65 run had a 2.1 60" i belive, and the 14.1 had a 2.0. the first run was early april, at night and the last was about two weeks ago in the evening. obviously the track couldnt be the exact same conditions, but from what i remember both days were adverage.

the only change between the two runs were removing the old catback, and installing the straight 3" RT downpipe. i dont belive we even changed tire pressures.

lanternman

Apr 21, 2005
MI
I got love for ya man. I actually had a similar experience with my car. The first time at the track I already had a 3" catback, but I also had a leaking exhaust manifold gasket and got a 15.6. After I replaced the gasket and put a 3" downpipe in place of the stock setup I got a 14.6. A full second improvement still isn't bad, but I never got 60' times quite as good as those, more like 2.25 for me.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Good video, my friend has a 5.0. And Impressive time for only a DP, i don't doubt it for a second though, good driver mod :). It's the only reason there is a 12 FLAT on a upgraded CT :) ( And hes from Wisconsin too :p ).

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
SupraRacer said:
cool thanks. wow i havent heard of the 12 flat ct yet.

but whats up man i havent seen you online much. we need to catch up.
I'm online 24/7 :p Just not always there. Yeah here is his time:
11. 12.061@115.59X MKIIISupraGuy
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217208
I'm pretty sure he had like $2000-3000 invested in the car , pretty amazing. Although I think I remember him telling me he had piles among piles of time slips from Great lakes drag away for practice.... which is what I plan on doing with my 1.5JZ this spring, so stay tuned for a crazy time with mine as well :). He will always say "Good Driver mod" .... he is serious.

SupraRacer

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
St. Louis
http://deprived.krypt.com/The_7M_Races.mpg

there is a video i made of all my races i had on video. there were only one run in there that was when it was capable of the 12 run. i belive the first run against that Neon was it, the dyno was when my turbo was on its last legs, and it was a few days before i found i had bhg i 5 out 6 cyl.

www.supraracerturbo.4t.com go to the 7M page, it lists all my mods there.

the 12sec pass was a freak run, i doubt it was consistanly a 12sec car, id say prolly low low 13's.

P

Pokey

my first run ever down the track was a 15.0 at 93xx, next run just pullin the pcv hose i ran a 14.6 at 94xx with the same 60ft, oh and i had the factory exhaust and just apexi intake and shimmed to 8psi, with about 200000miles on her

jeff

MA70Supra88

Boostless
Mar 31, 2005
Boerne, TX
Hey Ryan nice kills. Good to see you finally got the 1JZ in your car. I'm gonna have to hit you up when I'm back in STL this winter so I can see it in person.

SupraRacer

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
St. Louis
Pokey said:
my first run ever down the track was a 15.0 at 93xx, next run just pullin the pcv hose i ran a 14.6 at 94xx with the same 60ft, oh and i had the factory exhaust and just apexi intake and shimmed to 8psi, with about 200000miles on her

jeff

where did you pull it? so far im not seeing how that would help. but i have a feeling im just not picturing it in my head correctly.

P

Pokey

SupraRacer said:
where did you pull it? so far im not seeing how that would help. but i have a feeling im just not picturing it in my head correctly.

it lets some unmetered air in, and trust me it helps,

then with just puttin the lex afm on and cuttin the stock exhaust right past the tranny, while on a rod knock(engine was going out, so i thought wth) i ran a 14.2 @ 98.8mph with a 2.2 60ft, the best 60ft i got was a 2.1 but on a 14.3 run cause of back to back runs from heatsoak

jeff