SupraFest Results!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
No, I don't have my pics uploaded anywhere yet. Soon!

I wasn't going to make it, but my roommate (Marty) convinced me to head up riding shotgun in his '91 Laser. I'm so glad he did, the trip was more fun than you can shake a stick at.

Marty had a great time, he got to eat a whackload of cars up there... lots of Supras (famous quote: Seamus, you do realize you're racing, right? :D), plus an SRT-4, Z-28, Lighting, and a bunch more than I can't recall. Cruising with becauseican, upgradedsupra, and vansupra on the way back was some good fun... that poor guy in the lightning is likely still all growly, he was giving it all he had, and still gets passed by 4 cars in a row that didn't even look like they were really trying! ;)

Nice to meet all the guys from the interior and the die hards that drove over from Alberta & Washington state. And I was completely stunned to see a whole 4 Mk4s show up at a meet - I've been going to meets in Canada for over 2 years now without ever having one show up!

Noteworthy moments...
- Soup spinning out on the go kart track right in front of the viewing area and nearly getting nailed head on at least twice! (Looks like Soup is going to have his own list of killer stories from this event...)
- Proving that a Mk2 engine is tougher than a 7M on the Coke on the way up... driving the thing with the temp gauge PEGGED for 30 minutes, we just pull over, let it cool off a bit, fill it back up with coolant, and drive the rest of the way to Kelowna...
- Learning that green grass in the desert we call Kelowna means automatic sprinklers.
- The awards ceremony ... especially the 1ZJ and the comedy awards.

Note for future reference - check the trees for wasp nests the size of a small child before setting up the BBQ next time.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
It was a good time, good to meet some more people that I know off here and goo to see everyone from last year. It was a blast again this year, except for blowing up my motor. So many good parts of the weekend can't pick one part that was the best, but maybe it was Duane's campground exit, wish someone was video taping when he took off.

I should have all my pictures up sometime this upcoming week and can't wait to see everyone elses.

W

wizzfish

Well i tagged along with Dean (slip on mkii boards) and had a very good time. Coming from a nissan camp, I wasn't too sure what I'd expect from a bunch of supra guys but everyone I met was real friendly.

From sleeping under sprinklers to watchin some impressive numbers laid down on the dyno, I had an excellent time.

Also, I'm very....very interested in an mkiii supra now. As in my car is now officially for sale. Time to start lurking these forums and learning what i can :)

W

wizzfish

how rough of a ride is the AT -> MT for them? (i know i know, i'll read the forums :p)
Looking to purchase over the winter sometime, I still need to 100% convince myself here haha.

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
CanuckDave said:
awesome meet, looking forward to next year! good to meet everybody

Yes I have to agree. It was alot of fun. Was great putting the screen names to faces and meeting all of you. It would be nice if it was a day or two longer though..lol..

:icon_bigg

NavySupra

Sep 30, 2005
Langley, BC, Canada
I decided not to come this year because I didn't have a supra, but now that I have my supra back I might make it next year. Though being a mkiii and can forsee an engine problem preventing such a journey.