what's up with my CPS

derK

Mar 31, 2005
CANADA
well it all started last year. I was at a light and my car died. It cranked over, but didn't catch. I towed it home and disconnected my CPS wire, blew in it and then plugged it back in. She started up no problem. It happened about twice last year and that's it. I went on a streak of about a couple months without it pooching on me.

So i park my car for the winter and i jsut got it back together from doing my mods. Starts fine for the first 10 times. Now just today it does the same thing. It doesn't start. Right away i disconnect my CPS and then connect it again. She starts right up!

Could it just be my CPS plug that's fouled/dirty??? or is it my actual CPS that's about to shit the bricks.

Derek

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
99.9999% sure its the wiring harness. i had the same problem and know of sev others as well.

you can either buy a new harness clip and pins (those are seperate) for ~$15
or you can do what i did and cut the harness clips off and hardwire. no chance of any problems then unless you have a problem w/ the integrity of the wire itself, but thats doubtful. over time the pins that hold the wiring inside the clips work themselves loose and make intermittent contact.

you could also try to unplug the clips and use a small screwdriver/pick to squeeze the pins together to hold tighter but that lasted bout 2 months on my car like that.

good luck

dave