redline in diff

madseacow

Apr 2, 2005
Buda, Tx
used redline light and additive in lsd and I'm getting chatter I think. should I use more additive or dump it? I heard redline was great but this is some questionable activity.

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
The chatter is normal for an lsd, you know it's working if you hear it. You can add more additive to take out that noise though.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Generally speaking, you add friction modifier until the chatter stops, and that's the proper amount to have. The Redline LSD gear oil has a LOT of friction modifier in it from what I've heard. (I always add the friction modifier myself).

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
I havent ordered any yet....but my friend is a rep for Amsoil now....he is selling a butt load or oils for them in the last 2 months.

My brother used Amsoil LSD fluid in his Z car with another additive called "militec"....both of those worked WONDERS in his LSD. It grips like nothing else and does not chatter...he can lauch ALOT harder since the LSD just grips more.

I just need to change out my LSD fluid and put the two in there and then drain my ghetto gear oil in my tranny and put the two in my tranny as well.

That should be within a couple of weeks.

-Jonathan