Please Help

ts_MKIII

Aug 8, 2005
Virginia Beach
ok this is the situation. i have two motors lets call them a and b a=good b =bad

i was doing a motor swap and i was taking motor b out of the car so that i would be able to drop motor a into my car both na 7mges. so here the problem i was trying to pull it out and i noticed the fuel line that is connected to the block was still attached, but i need that line becaseu it connects from the fluel tankn to the motor. so since i did not have use for motor b i cut it on the upper part of the line after the little bolt thing that is connected to the block.(because i could not remove the bolt the held it to the line) now on motor A, it has that little metal thing that leads fuel into the motor already, so i need help trying to take the bolt off of the line from the body of the car, so that i can simply bolt the fuel line in and get set. please help because i cant do it on my own and i need advice on how to take it off.

i hope its not too confusing.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
havent seen this fuel line bolt thing before, what does it look like is it just a hex head?? is it welded??

so far all that has been established is that you need to remove a bolt from the body of your car.

ts_MKIII

Aug 8, 2005
Virginia Beach
well how do i take the fuel line from the engine so that i may use it again?? for another engine.. it is hex shaped and i dont knwo if its welded

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
Are you talkin about the fuel union under the intake manifold thats bolted to the aluminium engine mount?If so then take a 17mm socket ( i think) and a long extension and poke the ext down the runners from the top so u have the leverage to turn the socket.Then u have to undo the 10mm bolt that connects the union to the mount.Hope it helps u.

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
took me 4 engine removals and squished hand,fingers,bent fuel pipes till i realised there has to be a easier way and after a visit to the auto store i walk away with a appros 50cm extention just bought for that nut.Still when i did the last engine install i managed to pinch my finger on the ratchet attaching it.I was too excited i guess.Good luck with the swap.