RacerXJ220's buildup, 56K warning.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
RacerXJ220's buildup, 56K DIE! Change of host, pics should work.

Since others are posting their buildups, I thought I'd post mine.

A little background on my old motor. In July of '04, while on AAP's dynograph a FMU style fuel pressure regulator caused me to run extremely rich, and someone thought it'd be a good idea to tune the SAFC to -40 across the board.... Ran extremely lean, and melted five of six pistons.

Being in Korea most of the year, I have little time to build a motor up the way I've wanted, until recently.

Turbocharger options.
p51365_1.jpg

Above left is the Greedy 20G kit turbo (TD06-20G) with the 14cm² housing. Above right, is the turbo I'm currently using. It is a Mitsubishi TE06-24V, which is basically a 25G/T67 with an anti-surge housing, still utilizing the 14cm² exhaust housing for quick spool up. The turbo, with the same housing is rated to 630RWHP, and was originally intended for use on a RB26DETT engine before making it's way from Japan to the US. Also, the 4 inch inlet pipe, Lexus AFM, and Blitz SUS filter. I had to use a N/A Powersteering reservoir due to clearance issues.
sm_photo_missing.jpg
p51365_2.jpg
p51365_3.jpg

p51365_4.jpg
p51365_5.jpg

Piston options.
p51365_6.jpg

JE, Ross, Weisco, CP? After researching major retailers for available forged pistons, I finally settled on using .20 over Ross Forged pistons. In my opinion, forged is forged, and price finally sold me on these units. I know, no pics of them in boxes or anything, I dropped them off to my machinist too soon.

Bottom end.
p51365_7.jpg

Bottom end was flawless, the machinist did an outstanding job. Reconditioned rods, rod and main ARP hardware with Clevite77 bearings all over. All clearances we checked, and double checked.

Short block.
p51365_8.jpg

Well, the spray can cap indicating color didn't look THAT bright... But oh well :icon_bigg
p51365_9.jpg
Cometic HG, notorious rivet removed before crushing to head with ARP bolts to 90ft/lbs.

Mostly together.
p51365_10.jpg

Well it's mostly put back together in this one. I'm suprised it fit. Cleared the A/C lines with room to spare. I didn't have time to paint, detail every part of the engine, wasn't a priority.
p51365_11.jpg
Yeah yeah, I threw it together quick, hurricaine on the way!

Interior.
p51365_12.jpg

Yeah, threw it all in at the last minute, no pics of the engine in the car, or the interior in, simply did not take time to think about that.

I put it all together, and it started right up. I was very pleased. I put 160 miles on the new motor before I had to come back to Korea. It gets driven once a week to keep the break in process going. Shooting for 1K before it goes to the dyno. Or Sept '06. I want to dyno on 550's, MAF-T, and Cartech I/C first, then go 680's, dual walbro, large I/C, possibly a FFIM, and AEM EMS the following summer. Goals are 500RWHP on the 550's, and 600RWHP+ on the 680's.

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
if i copy the links to a new browser window they work... but don't show here... fully wierd lol

oh hey... the first one i copied to new window... now it's showing here

now it's wierder lol

and the more i refresh.. the more they show LOL

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
p51527_1.jpg

p51527_2.jpg

Above wastegate actuator.
How's thas for a ghetto wastegate actuator bracket? T6 aluminum, works flawless. Fabricated due to the weird clock of the turbo (turbo was meant for the driver's side of the engine).