2JZ aristo into MA70

Turbo Skegget

Jul 27, 2005
Norrtelje
Ive heard that you can use the stock electrical system and change the connections (buy from Toyota) so it will fit the Supra ECU or in my case a AEM ECU. Is this true? Or should I just buy a new electrical system from Toyota for the Supra MKIV?

/Mats from Sweden

Zufyxe

JZA80 RZ MT
Aug 17, 2005
Moscow, Russia
You cannot use a M-series engine ECU with 2JZ. You'll not be able to connect it and, anyway, it will not work properly. You need a full 2JZ engine harness and ECU from Supra or Aristo. Also take care of engine model and production year. There are two types of 2JZ-GTE: 1992-1996 TwinTurbo and 1996- TwinTurbo+VVTi. The ECU's from different ones are not compatible.

Turbo Skegget

Jul 27, 2005
Norrtelje
I dont think you understood my question. I have a complete 2JZ twin turbo engine with the complete Aristo 2JZ electrical system but no ECU. So can I get a Supra MKIV connection to replace the Aristo connection so it will fit a Supra MKIV ECU or a AEM ECU?

/Mats

Charlie97L

Jul 16, 2005
Clarksburg, MD
oh yeah, you could... as long as you are just dealing with the aristo engine harness, the interior won't match up, most likely. i'm not sure if there are differences between a jdm 2jz and an us 2jz, that's really the only place you would run into problems... you *should* be able to order those plugs from toyota, but you should be able to order japanese parts from toyota with the part numbers too, and most times, you can't. hope this helped.