Newest Front Facing Intake!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Well, this is the latest manifold I did. Just thought I would put up some pictures and describe the differences. Hope you enjoy please feel free to contact me at sethron71@yahoo.com with questions.

p51299_1.jpg

p51299_2.jpg

p51299_3.jpg

Diferences noted are throat opened more to the #1 runner. Side plate welded on, and one solid tube for the neck instead of a connector. Hope you enjoy please feel free to contact me at sethron71@yahoo.com with questions.

Thanks,
Seth Ingham
Sleeper Designs

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Yawgmoth said:
That is beautiful man, tell me something is the intake plenum made of allumin? if so, how did you weld it?

Yes all the stock manifolds are made of Alluminum. I use a heli-arc to weld it with Alluminum rod. Thanks for the comment!

Thanks,
Seth Ingham
Sleeper Designs

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Justin727 said:
you are gonna polish it smooth right?

As you see by what Chris posted he did not actually order it polished, it was just cleaned up with a wire wheel and sand blaster to make it real clean. Thanks for all the comments guys!

As for removing all the stock side of the manifold and just putting a plate back in there, yea it would be real nice but then you are defeating the purpose of the whole idea. The idea is that it is very cost effective and leaves you with very little to modify. As soon as you start removing things like the egr passages and the ISC area then a lot more custom fabing comes with the job and the prices go up rapidly. So can I do that if some one would like? Yes I am definetly willing to do it if someone wants one done that way and is willing to let me experiment a bit with it. Thanks again for your comments and interest!

Sincerely,
Seth Ingham
Sleeper Designs

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Yeah, it was just a comment about how I'd do it if I was going to do it, so cost wouldn't be an issue, since I'd be doing it myself, heh. (Well, actually my brother would be doing most of it, since he can tig weld, and knows how to weld aluminum, heh).

:)

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
sethron71 said:
As you see by what Chris posted he did not actually order it polished, it was just cleaned up with a wire wheel and sand blaster to make it real clean. Thanks for all the comments guys!

As for removing all the stock side of the manifold and just putting a plate back in there, yea it would be real nice but then you are defeating the purpose of the whole idea. The idea is that it is very cost effective and leaves you with very little to modify. As soon as you start removing things like the egr passages and the ISC area then a lot more custom fabing comes with the job and the prices go up rapidly. So can I do that if some one would like? Yes I am definetly willing to do it if someone wants one done that way and is willing to let me experiment a bit with it. Thanks again for your comments and interest!

Sincerely,
Seth Ingham
Sleeper Designs

i hate to say it but from the prices in your other thread...for this to be a "bolt on affair" as you say...the prices for what you are doing are rediculous...it comes damn close to 600 bucks WITHOUT polishing or porting stuff....for that price anyone can get a full custom mani from ron that flows better and IMO looks better....

i just dont see the cost effective part of this.... :dunno:

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Idealsupra said:
i hate to say it but from the prices in your other thread...for this to be a "bolt on affair" as you say...the prices for what you are doing are rediculous...it comes damn close to 600 bucks WITHOUT polishing or porting stuff....for that price anyone can get a full custom mani from ron that flows better and IMO looks better....

i just dont see the cost effective part of this.... :dunno:

Go and buy that $600 manifold from Ron then and see how much custom work is required to make it work. The whole point of this is that you still use all the stock sensors and everything. If they are that ridiculous then don't worry about and don't get one very simple. And if you are going to put something like this on my thread then please get your facts straight the most you would have into it without porting and polishing and polished outside would be $450 not $600. So please really research it before you come out and say my products are ridiculous. I know how much work goes into them as I am doing all the fabricating and every aspect of it in house. I am sorry that you feel this way about it but to some people it is worth it.

Thanks,
Seth Ingham
Sleeper Designs

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
sethron71 said:
Go and buy that $600 manifold from Ron then and see how much custom work is required to make it work. The whole point of this is that you still use all the stock sensors and everything. If they are that ridiculous then don't worry about and don't get one very simple. And if you are going to put something like this on my thread then please get your facts straight the most you would have into it without porting and polishing and polished outside would be $450 not $600. So please really research it before you come out and say my products are ridiculous. I know how much work goes into them as I am doing all the fabricating and every aspect of it in house. I am sorry that you feel this way about it but to some people it is worth it.

Thanks,
Seth Ingham
Sleeper Designs

i find it funny that YOU dont even know youre own prices...

let me help you... quoted from your other thread:

sethron71 said:
Options available:
-Standard conversation - $250
-Port and Polish internally - $150
-Polished housing - $150
-Throttle linkage brackets - $150
-Alternator Drop down bracket - $150
-Plus all will be subject to S&H and a cleaning fee.

that would mean 250 for the conversion...150 for the alt drop down bracket and 150 for the throttle linkage brackets... WHICH IS EVERYTHING NEEDED TO MAKE IT PLUG AND PLAY. and that equals $550... PLUS shipping PLUS your "cleaning fee".

so like i said...around $600

now...for what you do... thats WAY to much... and for Rons manifolds...there isnt much custom anything... the only thing youd have to do is decide on a TB and fab up the throttle linkage...big deal...

i could see this as a good idea and cost effective if it was completely plug and play for like $400 or less.... but IMO your prices are crazy compared to the other options out there.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Sorry that is actually a miss print. The throttle linkage kit is only $75, and the alterantor bracket is only $100, not sure how I got that wrong, but if you ask anyone that has contacted me for prices that is what the quotes have been. So if you get the conversation, $250, plus alternator drop down kit, $100, plus throttle linkage brackets, $75, that comes to $425 plus $45 in the cleaning fee, and shipping and handling. I will fix the prices but as I said if you find it so outrageous then do not worry about go about your business. Yes I am very open to constructive critism but you are out right bashing my product. I know how much time I have into them and therefore that is all the prices are based on and that is all I can say. O and as far as using one of rons manifolds you say there is very little custom work, what about things like the ISC, or EGR? They do not just go away.

Thanks,
Seth Ingham
Sleeper Designs

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
sethron71 said:
Sorry that is actually a miss print. The throttle linkage kit is only $75, and the alterantor bracket is only $100, not sure how I got that wrong, but if you ask anyone that has contacted me for prices that is what the quotes have been. So if you get the conversation, $250, plus alternator drop down kit, $100, plus throttle linkage brackets, $75, that comes to $425 plus $45 in the cleaning fee, and shipping and handling. I will fix the prices but as I said if you find it so outrageous then do not worry about go about your business. Yes I am very open to constructive critism but you are out right bashing my product. I know how much time I have into them and therefore that is all the prices are based on and that is all I can say. O and as far as using one of rons manifolds you say there is very little custom work, what about things like the ISC, or EGR? They do not just go away.

Thanks,
Seth Ingham
Sleeper Designs

well first off... the "correct" prices are slightly better...but still a little too IMO...

im not bashing the product...im bashing the price... i think its cool you make stock manifolds FF....however for simply welding on a plate...taking a wire brush to them and welding on a 4inch pipe...400 or whatever i just too much... i mean for 400 i can almost buy a cheapo welder and do it myself... yeah yeah i know then why dont i go do that.... if thats your thought youre obviously missing my point.

with rons manifolds you can have him add on the ports for whatever is needed...and frankly anyone going that style manifold SHOULD want to get rid of EGR and could also get rid of the ISC and bump the idle slightly...

again not bashing your product...just the prices...i think its too much for what you are doing....

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Idealsupra said:
well first off... the "correct" prices are slightly better...but still a little too IMO...

im not bashing the product...im bashing the price... i think its cool you make stock manifolds FF....however for simply welding on a plate...taking a wire brush to them and welding on a 4inch pipe...400 or whatever i just too much... i mean for 400 i can almost buy a cheapo welder and do it myself... yeah yeah i know then why dont i go do that.... if thats your thought youre obviously missing my point.

with rons manifolds you can have him add on the ports for whatever is needed...and frankly anyone going that style manifold SHOULD want to get rid of EGR and could also get rid of the ISC and bump the idle slightly...

again not bashing your product...just the prices...i think its too much for what you are doing....

Well no doubt you are entitled to your opinion. Obviously you do not own a business. The way a business works especially one you are just starting there is a large over head. The only way to get that back is to make a little money on every sale. You can start making them and selling them cheaper and I will more then happily give you the business. But until you start making them and offering them I would appreciate if you did not say that my prices are too high because you are not making the parts, doing the work or owning the machinery to make the parts and weld them. How many people do you really think are gonna go buy a very low end welder, because that is what you will get for $400, and then make their own manifold. I have no idea what you experience with working with alluminum is but especially welding on a used piece like the manifold is not the easiest. So as an end to this argument glad you are thinking and all but until you are offering something better then I would hope you can see where I am coming from as you are totally missing my point.

Thanks,
Seth Ingham
Sleeper Designs

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
sethron71 said:
Well no doubt you are entitled to your opinion. Obviously you do not own a business. The way a business works especially one you are just starting there is a large over head. The only way to get that back is to make a little money on every sale. You can start making them and selling them cheaper and I will more then happily give you the business. But until you start making them and offering them I would appreciate if you did not say that my prices are too high because you are not making the parts, doing the work or owning the machinery to make the parts and weld them. How many people do you really think are gonna go buy a very low end welder, because that is what you will get for $400, and then make their own manifold. I have no idea what you experience with working with alluminum is but especially welding on a used piece like the manifold is not the easiest. So as an end to this argument glad you are thinking and all but until you are offering something better then I would hope you can see where I am coming from as you are totally missing my point.

Thanks,
Seth Ingham
Sleeper Designs

apparently so are you.... but ill digress...

Chris-Supra

Apr 1, 2005
Minneapolis/Lakeville, Minnesota
This was my rational for going with a mani from seth-

Buy one from Ron and you pay $500 for the mani, $20-$40 for a JZ throttle cable, $50-$100 for a different TB and then all the work to make it play nicely. I *almost* bought one from him, It was very tempting because they are much better (no offense seth) but Not worth the extra money to me right now.

I got my mani for $345 shipped with just the standard conversion and Alt. Bracket and All I have to do is bolt up the stock TB mount my stock throttle linkage roughly to the area where the TB used to bolt up and then connect the linkage to the TB with the pushrod so that the rod pushes insted of pulls like stock and I'm set. I dont have to buy anything else or do *much* custom work at all to get it to work. Seems like a better cheaper solution to having shorter intake track and slightly better flow (I'm in college so I'm poor, however don't read into that as I'm not willing to spend money on something neccessary, I am.).

Chris

JDMfantasy

Banned
Apr 25, 2005
I'm with Ideal supra on this one. Those prices, for what you are doing, are off the chain. I wouldn't sell a stock manifold with a plate welded the front for more than $150. Go ahead and sell them for that then you say...well, I would, but I don't support mods that simply cut corners, so you're lucky.

Also, to the guy who didn't order from Ron and got one of Seth's....$50-100 bones for a new TB...whats wrong with the stock TB? I believe that is free.

Anyone out there looking for a front facing manifold, spend a few extra $$ (or less once you add it up) and get yourself a quality piece. $500 and some change for a completely custom intake manifold built to your specs...with or without IAC, ISC, all the vacuum fittings you could want, polished.... Too much money??? Whats with people these days? It seems like people are just into having an "FFI", instead of actually getting it for the performance (larger capacity, completly smooth inside, larger ports...ect...ect).

$45 for cleaning, whats that? $150 for polishing? Our manifold comes polished, and we'll throw in a drop down bracket for next to nothing. Looks like your prices don't seem so cheap after all, not to mention you'd still have a hacked up stock manifold that looks like that...

The manifold you're making for your self (posted on SF) looks wonderful so far....stick to those...these are just silly.

Last edited:

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I've tried, but failed to keep out of this one.

First, the stock manifold with the FFI looks interesting at best. Just interesting. It is different, but it does not look anything more than interesting. (Write into that what you like.)

Ron's fabricated plenums, and those mated to cut off stock uppers are works of art. (Write into that what you want too.)

For the money, it's a no brainer. (Or it should be.)

There, now go play nice everyone. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.