86.5 n/a fog lights

B

boogiesurfer

My 86.5 was down for quite a while on a rebuild, and many new parts; the fog lights worked great before, and now they don't. Can anyone put me on the right track to getting them to work. I think recently at the alignment shop we checked to see if there was voltage at the lights. . . 0/nada :3d_frown: And BTW what is a good brand to go with for cool fog lights :icon_ques :icon_cool

B

boogiesurfer

Thanks Bluemax, but that is just what I've been trying to do :dunno: I am the lucky, original owner of this wonderful 86.5 vehicle. I have the factory service manual, and nowhere does it show where this damn fuse is :aigo: It seems I've been looking for it many times in the past, and I'm now realizing, I just can't find it :wtf: I want my fog lights back :1zhelp: Thanks very much everyone :icon_excl

B

boogiesurfer

Thanks Suprra girl, but I've checked all of the expected locations (both interior kick panels, and engine compartment) without any luck :mad: My factory service manual (the original, thick one) shows a 15amp fuse for the foglights on one of the large schematics, but no location is given in the entire manual :icon_excl Another manual, a "Haines" shows a 20 amp fuse on a schematic, and of course, no location. Is this some kind of top secret, only known to a select number of operatives :hsugh:

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
If you really get stuck and can't find the problem (short etc.) do what I did and rewire them completly using the original switch and the hot side of the ignition (so you dont accidently leave them on and drain the battery) . That way you can run them with your parking lights and look cool! Just a thought.

B

boogiesurfer

Thanks again Suprra girl. That first link shows the location of the fuse (first time I've seen it illustrated like that), and I believe I checked the "one" fuse there, but the picture shows "two". The fuse I checked there is good, but the relay that is just above it seems to be very "loose"; shouldn't that relay just pull right out? Thanks also Suprabad, that's a good idea :icon_bigg i.e. if I can't get them working.