HK$ cast mani copy

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Well I found a company that will copy any manifold I want...

Problem is: Who has a HKS long runner style cast mani from back in the day I can get copied?

OR..

What other mani should I have copied?

Please put your ideas and PICTURES in now, as the future of the manifolds' production depends on it.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Copy the hks twin turbo manifold. I
l buy it from you if you do. Or try to copy the RPS manifold from MVPMotorsports.
eric

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
I have the old style HKS cast manifold that I just bought off one of the members here. It actualy looks like a better design than the newer ones, with longer runners and a straighter path to the collector.

abustiffy

Apr 13, 2005
in a house
turboa7mgte said:
Do a log style..... Please!!!!

Are people still interested in logs? We though about making one, but with the ssautochrome stuff comming out it seems logs have been pretty phased out.

Sorry to hijack the thread :eek:

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Log style = no.

HKS cast style = yes.

Log style flow weird, better than stock yes, but flow weird into the collector....they give unequal amounts exhaust flow on the turbo turbine....I read an article in turbo magazine a while back...

But John, make a hks cast style!

-Jonathan

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
why copy a cast manifold thats been copied by 2 diff companies already? horsepower freaks and turbonetics both copied the hks cast manifold. make a nice ss tubular header.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
williamb82 said:
why copy a cast manifold thats been copied by 2 diff companies already? horsepower freaks and turbonetics both copied the hks cast manifold. make a nice ss tubular header.

Simple answer.

BANG FOR THE BUCK RATIO.

If he can make a manifold to his namesake ( selling quality parts at super low prices ) it would be a gagnormous hit in this supra community!

-Jonathan :naughty:

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
sorry, i can get an hks copy new for $400. he isnt gonna beat that. make a 321 ss header that fits better then the ebay mani for a good price and itll sell like crazy.

MDCmotorsports

SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Silvermk2 said:
The believe the manifold he is talking about is different than the turbonetics and powerhouse copies. Those are the earlier short runner HKS 5M mk2 design. This is the later manifold;

http://www.supra-tech.com/images/HKS T04 Manifold 2.jpg

And if so I want one.

BINGO! WE HAVE A WINNA!

Thats the one I've been talking about, even though power house and all the other guys have a wonderful product.

Now, who has one of these old things that can measure the damn thing and get me dimentions????

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
williamb82 said:
Its been copied 3 times. Dynamic autosports made a copy back in the day before turbonetics or powerhouse did.

MDCmotorsports

SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
How the crap are you supposed to adapt two turbos to this monster????

TH10267_6.jpg

TH10267_5.jpg

Are they supposed to HANG from the turbo, or sit on the turbo?

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
RacerXJ220 said:

Good luck finding good condition 14G 3 bolt flange turbines.....I was going to buy that manifold from them but the lack of information and the RARITY itself of those turbine exhaust housing flanges ( only made by greddy) make it that much harder and expensive.

Though for not much you could hack off those flanges and weld on 4 bolt T04/T4 flange.

MDC, the turbo's HANG on the manifold....its a bottem mount. I have researched and been in contact with the producer of that particular manifold, he has alot more of them that he can sell at the same price.

OBX makes them, but they are not in their catalogue or online website at all...they are a new rare production piece.

-Jonathan