MK2's

M

Makavelli

Do they have the Headgasket trouble that MK3's do? Are they easy to supe up?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
They don't have the same head gasket issues. They aren't as easy to make power with - there wasn't a turbo option, and nothing beats intake, exhaust, turn up the boost for three easy steps to more power.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
The 7M-GTE exhaust manifold fits on the 5M/6M head though, so it's a cheap Turbo option.

The 5M-GE didn't have the HG problems like the 7M does, but it's likely because of the lower power output, I'd suggest a higher torque on the head bolts if you are going to make more than about 200rwhp.

MK2's are awesome though. :)

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
O! I am sooo close to my 7mgte conv.... I have a buyer for my Honda... it's just a matter of getting the cash and making it to Urbana,IL.... I would be too afraid to turbo my 6m, I just think that it wouldn't be a "cheap" mod really, afterr buying the fuel pump, injectors, some way to control the fuel, (FMU or whatever), I just figured it'd be a lot easier and probably safer to go 7m, but the #'s of yours is pretty damn impressive... but boosting the 5m to 12psi... hell I was afraid to rev mine past 4k rpm.... lol 5m's feel so weak though, congrats on the 270+!

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
CRF_Rider, awesome write up, btw... you are a fine example of how all Supra owners should be... taking time out of your life to help people like myself with "little projects" such as that. I mean, the wiring for the SAFC, that is deffinately going to come in handy, Not a bad looking MKII either!

Oh, real men ride green :biglaugh: