7m-gte Idle

Deeznuts

Apr 24, 2005
VA
Hey guys My 7M runs pretty good but I believe I have a intake leak somewhere. I I have a stock 7m-gte with 3in exhaust and a open airfilter. I sprayed Brake Clean around the intake and IC setup i got no change in sound ofcourse maybe I should have someone sit inside and watch the RPM's. At idle it sits at 1000 when I first go to start it sometimes after driveing a bit when coming to a stop it will idle a 1500- 2000 rpms. If it tap the gas pedal the rpms will drop back down to 1000 ( i believe that is the ISC valve). I played with the TPS and it didnt do anything. I thought it was the timeing at first reset the timeing (wrong by accident ) and the rpms were normal but no power. So now im think its a intake leak.
Thank you for your time.

1989MKIII

Jun 28, 2005
Troy, Missouri
www.elite-forums.com
make sure you have all of the vacume lines hooked up in the right stop. i know when we built my custom intake, we had some of them in the wrong place. and it did that. then i got a book. and got online and got a layout of the lines and got it right. now it idels fine...

justin

Deeznuts

Apr 24, 2005
VA
ok heres an update. I swapped my ISC's I have two. (one is good it seems and the other you have to beat on, the resistance is in spec on both) Well I got my good one to close and i put it in. Then I lefted it unplugged I started the car adjusted the screw and it idled fine(600). After a bit of driveing when comeing to a stop it idled at 1500- 2000 again tap the pedal and it dropped to 1000-900. But not 600 which it idled at before i started driveing. The throttle is completely closed when my foot is off the gas. Tomorrow ill check and make sure the plate isnt sticking as far as I kno right now it isnt sticking but I will check.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
you adjusted what screw? you're not supposed to adjust any screw for idle. it's computer controlled, and any adjustment you make, will just be adapted to by the ECU.

-shaeff

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
probably the same screw I always mess with.... thats the first thing that popped into mind when he described it.... good luck getting it back to normal...

Deeznuts

Apr 24, 2005
VA
well that throttle body come out of a 88 my engine is a 90. Which has no screw.
Even so why when i come to a light it idles at 1500 - 2000 I tap the pedl and it drops to 1000. I swapped out the throttle cable the plate goes all the way back???

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I never had a need to look it up, but I was a little puzzled when I heard people talking about idle problems and mentioned adjusting a screw, especially when they do not list a Lexus AFM as a modification. It's good to clear this up; the thought of people blindly adjusting their cars is horrifying - especially given the beauty of our cars.