T-Type

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Raced a Buick T-Type with mildly upgraded turbo, i.c, and a few supporting mods tonight. It was pretty even at first, but I ended up beating him by about 3-4 carlenghts. This was on a road that was pre-marked for the 1/8 and 1/4, with someone starting us with a flashlight. Pretty good time it was! I got it on tape from the finish line, but it was dark so all you can see is headlight blurs.

Not too interesting, but thought I'd share anyway.

P

Pokey

oneandgone said:
Raced a Buick T-Type with mildly upgraded turbo, i.c, and a few supporting mods tonight. It was pretty even at first, but I ended up beating him by about 3-4 carlenghts. This was on a road that was pre-marked for the 1/8 and 1/4, with someone starting us with a flashlight. Pretty good time it was! I got it on tape from the finish line, but it was dark so all you can see is headlight blurs.

Not too interesting, but thought I'd share anyway.

why dont you tell everyone what you ran at the track, and what was your 60ft

jeff

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
lanky189 said:
is there really a th400 under it?

Yes. How did you miss that thread?! lol!

GrimJack said:
Damn! What tires / wheels were you running with that?

The 12.08 pass was on 15" Weld Drag Lites w/ MT ET Drag 26x8 tires.

When I raced the T-Type (on the street) I was running my 18x10 Volk GTC's and 275/35 BFG DR's. With them car went 12.23 3 of 5 passes at the track with a best 60' of 1.86. Very consistent. I had one pass of 12.32 and another of 12.4 on which I spun and had to lift the throttle momentarily.

On a side note...the 12.4 DR pass was against a 100K+ twin turbo Porsche that only beat me by .02!! That rich fawker was cussing the track every time he was in the pits claiming it was poorly prepped. It seemed to be fine to me though! lol!

I dynoed 427 rwhp last summer with the 5-speed, RPS billet flywheel, and aluminum ds. That was at Sound Performance on their Mustang dyno.

This summer I dynoed at A-Spec on their Dynojet. On it, with the TH-400 and aluminum ds I dynoed at 358 rwhp.

I'm going to make a trip to AMS very soon to have the car properly tuned as the one I'm running now sucks. I'm still on low boost and I know the car has a lot more.

Also, I'm going to istall some stock springs/shocks. Right now with the MT's the car will hook off the line, but the susp rebounds so hard that it kicks the weight back off of the rear tires causing wheelspin a few feet off the line. I think with the new...er old...susp that 1.7 short times or better are in my future. Plus, with the tuning for high boost....well, lets say mid 11's can't be too far away! :naughty: