Cobalt SS.

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
Last night raced a Cobalt SS from a stop... I pulled him by a coulple of cars and we slowed to around 35-40 (me in left him in the right) I heard his exaust increasing so I gave it hell lol.... I pulled on him a car instantly I look up the road a little bit and see a truck in the oposit direction turning lane having to cross our path to either go into a neibor hood or U turn infront of us... well im only doing 65-70 and I slow let of the gas and apply breaks slowly cause we have time... well the cobal just roars by never letting off.... well the car cut across to go in a neiborhood and I dont think the cobalt could see it cause I was still ahead and by the time he got passed and could see it He slammed on breaks and swearved in my lane ABOUT t-boning a big f350 looking truck...

needless to say I stayed under the speed limit for the rest of the night.

Street racing is bad he could of killed a few people tonight.. hell so could I.. I somtimes ask myself why I do it but then I remember ima adrinalin junkie... (I barly street race people dont expect it from a GTP im guessing lol)

Moral of this story... Cobalts are slow, see if he would of been infront of me this would of never happened but he had to go buy a slow car. :nono:

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
91T breezen' said:
[

Moral of this story... Cobalts are slow, see if he would of been infront of me this would of never happened but he had to go buy a slow car. :nono:

not only slow! But ugly ass fwd too! :biglaugh:[/QUOTE]

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
I raced a gtp off the line in my camaro when it was pretty much stock just flowmaster and K&N.The gtp has a muffler also. I put 2 cars and then we got pulled over by a damn police.

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
blacksupra said:
I raced a gtp off the line in my camaro when it was pretty much stock just flowmaster and K&N.The gtp has a muffler also. I put 2 cars and then we got pulled over by a damn police.

Putting an exaust on a GTP without Intake and 3.4 or 3.25 pulley and suporting mods is loosing HP.

I have a good feeling Id walk a camaro with basic mods done tho :), I know for sure id walk a stock Mk3 Turbo but 1 shimmed intake and full exaust would be a close race... im concidering doing some more modds now my buddy got his Awd Lazer hehe.

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
I don't know if he got an intake cuz i didn't see under the hood but for sure had a muffler. 93-02 camaro or t/a are faster than the gtp. I work for a Pontiac dealer so we went to a private track and raced some altimas. They're not too slow and can be make fast

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
blacksupra said:
I don't know if he got an intake cuz i didn't see under the hood but for sure had a muffler. 93-02 camaro or t/a are faster than the gtp. I work for a Pontiac dealer so we went to a private track and raced some altimas. They're not too slow and can be make fast

If he had an intake you could tell, Superchargers are loud :) but still having a pully is all that matters, really just an exaust on a GTP is a supporting mod it doesnt add power just lets air out cause theres only 2 restrictive parts and thats the U-bend and the Exaust manifolds, replaces both these without the support from a pully pusing more air through it now causes less backpressure and less torque and overall power... Like gutting your cat on a 7mge, Might make it louder but not enough backpressure and you loose torque.. ask me how I know :p

Stock for stock yes a TA's gonna be faster lol your talking about a twist from a family car vs muscle car, but I was just stating I could take a mildly modded Maro/TA in my GTP. :naughty:

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Those GTP's are no joke, guy I work with bought one for his wife and we raced. I have a few mods and he was keeping up with me and he's stock, at least as far as I know it's stock.