Allmotor

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
well, it looks as though I'm not going to do a turbo swap, so I was thinking after tuning my suspension(tein type flex), I could go ahead and get a high comp. block and pistons for my N/A, converting it to MAP so I can run ITB's, work all of the internals in the engine, eliminate the rev limiter and such, I only plan on drifting and competing in grip races(maybe auto-x), so I dont need excessive horsepower, just a good suspension setup and maybe an aftermarket LSD. what do you think? opinions and suggestions greatly appreciated.

J

JerzeySlowpra

you dont know how long i've wanted to build an all motor supra with ITB's

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
Ive wanted to do alot to my NA and stay NA and had plans for it... but then I got lazy ad just bought a new car and a street bike now I just want to get rid of it lol..

Ive heard some say there gonna make there NA carbed and put webbers on it, But havnt heard anythng since probly just talk.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
ShagsSupra said:
Theres a fella named Buggy Wuggy with 300+ wheel HP in his GE, 3.3 stroker kit.

bugwugger

itb is the way to go if you're going to go nonturbo. do it. i want pics though... lots and lots :naughty:

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
If your using the car for racing; I would almost suggest Tein RA's - as they seem to be the hard core racing coil over setup for our cars. Some have reported the flex being kind of squishy on SF. (yes, I know its SF, but still, I figured i'd just let ya know.)

Mr.SelfDestruct

May 27, 2005
everett, WA
I didint know silk road made coilovers for our cars? I gotta check those out! although, I wouldnt mind "squishy", because this is'nt going to be strictly race, just a really nice street car.As for the engine, I'd have to work on it for a while, so I'm probably going to buy the GE we have at my work and build that up, I'll need any help I can get, because I dont know how to do very many fo these things, I can do simple things like that stroker kit(where?), and the folks at my work can help, but things like the MAP conv., and Itb's would be more difficult(I'm only 17 after all), headers and cams will prolly be the first things I do, but I dont know where to go after that :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp:

Last edited:

Mr.SelfDestruct

May 27, 2005
everett, WA
Like I said, horsepower isnt a big concern, in drifting, it's mostly proper techinque and skill that decides the race, thats why I dont really like drag racing, I'm not trying to get flamed, but IMO going really fast in a straight line is great fun, but it is much less fulfilling than going really fast sideways.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Simple things like the stroker kit? LOL I'm really rolling on the floor.

Ask Alan about his "simple" stroker kit.
Or me for that matter.

Buggwugger has one running from what I've heard, but have not seen him post in awhile. (His was from Flatlander like mine, but I understand they actually got his done and to him eventually.)

Mine was pretty complicated. Just making everything fit right is not easy. (Mill work, or lots of grinding are involved.)

If the parts fit right off the bat, I suppose it would be easy... LOL

The good news is tourqe however.

This engine is very much like a V8 down low. Excellent tourqe, and dyno confirms it. (However, my state of tune sucked, and I was hitting boost cut during the runs, so no ultimate HP numbers.)

Tourqe was 413.9 at about 3800rpm, and that was when the fuel cut hit, so I don't know what it would have been otherwise. (HP was only 372.7, and that's DOWN about 50hp from before.) Also this was at 13psi, and my old engine was doing the 420hp at 18psi dance many have seen with the bolt on T4 from SS.

When I finally get this engine tuned right, the numbers should be interesting. I'm hoping to break 500 in both figures on this quick spooling bolt on turbo. It might be close, but 500hp/tq would be a very fun and fast street car indeed. (And the turbo does not look huge.)

Last time I was at the track, this guy asked me if I'd thought about putting a turbo on the car.. LOL He did not notice the stock looking bolt on under the heat shields and 3" intake pipe crossing over the top of it.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
6 years later... Haha, I'm in for some updates, sounds like a fun setup. :)