Rear Adjustables

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
Just thought I would bring something eles to the table. Cut and paste from SF.

What are the options? Is Tein the only one??

Looking more for setting the car up for better 60ft. times. I have found what seems to be a very good cost effective option. Now the choice between single or double adjustable ($$ for the double). I ask because I see post after post talking about Tein. I have heard of the different brands you spoke of, but no first hand stuff.

These are the ones I'm thinking about .www.qa1.net The Proma Stars with a stud mount adapter upper mount and bearing lower instead of a bushing.

They cost around $170 each single adjustable and $320 ish each for the double adjustable. I plan on getting them in the next few weeks and fit them up.

I'm looking @ the DR8855B Proma Star the dim. 13" Compressed, 19.5" Extended. Stock is 13.6 Compressed, 22.5 Extended. I don't see a problem with these. The only time they would be fully extended is maybe when the car is on a lift. The next shock is 15" compressed length.
http://www.qa1.net/qa1_ms2005_drag.pdf

The shocks w/perches are $170, the stud adapter is $32.99, the springs are $36.99. Total $480 for the complete rear not too bad, and you don't have to get it all at once. The prices are from JEGS..

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Allan,

I'm glad you posted this here as I don't read on SF much. I'm wanting to lower my 60's also. Right now I'm rolling with an Eibach/Bilstein combo and it's not cutting it. I was planning to put on some stockers and just swap back for the street. However, I'm not sure as to how well they'll work out. I guess Bryan (Slow66) did run 10.55 on them though. Sounds like they must work ok!

Are these going to be direct replacement with the adapters? If so then it's just too easy! lol! Keep me posted as to what you do, I'm very interested to hear the results. I'm also curious if you're running the stockers now...

Grant

DEFIANT 7M

Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
oneandgone said:
Allan,

I'm glad you posted this here as I don't read on SF much. I'm wanting to lower my 60's also. Right now I'm rolling with an Eibach/Bilstein combo and it's not cutting it. I was planning to put on some stockers and just swap back for the street. However, I'm not sure as to how well they'll work out. I guess Bryan (Slow66) did run 10.55 on them though. Sounds like they must work ok!

Are these going to be direct replacement with the adapters? If so then it's just too easy! lol! Keep me posted as to what you do, I'm very interested to hear the results. I'm also curious if you're running the stockers now...

Grant
They should just bolt up..sick LOL with the stud adapter. Yes I'm stock right now. I just caught what you said..Slow66 ran the 10.55 on QA1s??

Last edited:

DEFIANT 7M

Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
The next shock up from the DR8855Bs. Which is DR9855P/DDR9855P: 15" compressed and 23.75 extended, should work on the front. The stock shock is 15.6" compressed and 20.5 extended. The 3.25" difference in extension should be no problem, the rest of the suspension will limit that.

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
What are your 60's like now?

The best I've mustered with my current set-up is 1.86. I managed that on 18" BFG dr's, and couldln't beat it on 15" Weld's with MT ET Drags. I can launch harder with the MT's, but the susp rebounds so hard it takes the weight off the rear wheels and they break loose a few feet off the line.

Also, how soon do you plan to order? Ginuea pig already, dammit! lol!

DEFIANT 7M

Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
oneandgone said:
What are your 60's like now?

The best I've mustered with my current set-up is 1.86. I managed that on 18" BFG dr's, and couldln't beat it on 15" Weld's with MT ET Drags. I can launch harder with the MT's, but the susp rebounds so hard it takes the weight off the rear wheels and they break loose a few feet off the line.

Also, how soon do you plan to order? Ginuea pig already, dammit! lol!

No times in my car. A close friend with a 450whp MKIII turbo will be our ginuea pig. I cut a 2.17 on street tires in it. I will order everything in three weeks. If everything goes right we will try a 26" or 28" E/T streets not clear on that yet. I did this to my MKII years ago and ran a 9.6 in the 1/8 vs 10.0-9.9. Back then I just looked at the big number, 60ft times was like that Coke commercial too me "NANAMANA-DODODOO" :biglaugh:

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
I see. Well, keep me posted, I'm really very interested in this.

Just an FYI, the MT's I'm running are a 26x8.5 and are a perfect fit. When talking to Bryan (Slow66) he said that the 28x9.5 were too tall and rubbed very badly at launch. He was running stock springs, cut 1 coil.

DEFIANT 7M

Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
oneandgone said:
I see. Well, keep me posted, I'm really very interested in this.

Just an FYI, the MT's I'm running are a 26x8.5 and are a perfect fit. When talking to Bryan (Slow66) he said that the 28x9.5 were too tall and rubbed very badly at launch. He was running stock springs, cut 1 coil.
I will, hey thanks for the info 26" it will be.