Burning lots of gas

Sonex2000

Apr 3, 2005
I don't why. But i seem to burning alot of gas while driving. It's not running rich at all. Any ideas?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
do u mean like gas is coming out the tail pipe or u get $hit for gas mileage, cause if u expected to get 30mpg because this car is called a sport compact, then srry, u bought one of the gas guzzeling bad boys of the 80's.

Sonex2000

Apr 3, 2005
hehe.....hell fuckin yea

Summer time speeding
it's ok i'm going to jersey this weekend

cheaper gas......lot more speeding

hide with MKIII

Apr 8, 2005
MA
I got one from Autozone...... I think its working well..... You trying to get better quality one or just didnt know that Autozone sells it for 40 bucks?

ddmcse

AmpHead
Aug 10, 2005
NE CT USA
www.ddmcse.com
are you sure you aren't running rich ? do you have an a/f meter ? i was running way rich for a month or so ...mileage dropped to 13-14mpg . i checked the o2 even replaced it, cold start injector, and some other things finally checked both vsv switches both some how got toasted since the last time i checked them . i replaced the fuel vac one 1st and it was better for about 10 minues then slipped right back to rich . after i replaced the egr vsv it settled right to where it should be and mileage went to 16 mpg . a few miles per adds up

hide with MKIII

Apr 8, 2005
MA
Ive got one that fits right in. They had another type which less part which does not fit right in. I do not know about o2 sensor for turbo since i own a NA.

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
Quote: Check O2 Sensor. I changed mine and it got waaayyy better. I just got over 300 miles per tank. btw, its 87 NA.
That is probably 20-22mpg. I get that in my 89 N/A. 15mpg around town, a/c on all the time here in the desert. I know I run a bit rich, but its better than too lean.
Universal O2 will work for N/A, there is an adapter plate available to bolt it in to the manifold.