next race

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
One of my co wokers has a 02 trans am ram air 6 speed with long tubes headers, 3' X pipe no cats, slp cai, pulley, 90mm tb , z06 maf, suspension mods, diablo chip.
We're going to race as soon as i fix the fan of my supra.
I set the mbc at 12 psi and i told him to race from a roll.
I have full catback , k&N, bov.
What do you think?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
race then come back and tell us.
i say from a roll yea, from the dig it will be close,
dont ask do.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
GrimJack said:
Prepare to get owned. You'll need some more mods before you can hang with a stock trans-am, never mind a modded one.

COME ON grim, i have taken Stock Trans AMs, they the same damn thing as a firebird or a Camaro, I can take them from a roll, cept the camaro with the vette engine in it.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
What mods are you running though? I can kick the snot out of them as well, but I'm also pushing 18-20psi through a 57trim turbo.

Remember, the '02 trans am comes with 325 horsepower and 350 torque - and with no turbo to spool, it'll see a whole lot more torque much faster in the RPM band than we will. The cars weigh in at about the same as well.

clifftrail

Jun 19, 2005
Abq
I agree, with a healthy motor and the mods you've listed you've maybe got 290 at the flywheel. Unless he really doesn't drive well, I wouldn't bet any money, but race and see for yourself.

L

lanky189

yup..im gonna side with the T/A

also dead, T/A's and Firebirds are NOT the same...

btw..his six speed...is gonna get his fat torque ass of the line alot harder/faster than you...be prepared to never have a chance unless you know to launch like Cruz Pedregon.

P

Pokey

you are gonna need alot more than that to hang with a ws6

L

lanky189

holy crap..i just read all of the T/A's mods again....

dude..do not race this car...you will lose...

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
I know the trans am it's faster but i'll race him anyways cuz I hear a lot of people saying that with 15 psi they can beat a trans am from a roll. I'm going to install 550cc injectors, lexus afm and fuel pump. I'm not sure if i should turn the boost up to 15 psi only for this race.

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
I beat a stock trans Am in the GTP from a Dig, he was at my door tho... and im Modded a little bit, And id lay 10$ to a donut id beat a mildley modded supra with my mods aswell so I say dont race him for anything if its just for fun go for it!

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
They have 325 hp but I have told they're underrated. I think with those mods 400 + hp. My brother smoked a 98 cobra with flowmaster in my supra from a roll. I know I'm not going to beat the trans am but i'll race him anyways. I have a built camaro as well and he's going to race for fun.