the never ending struggle(BHG possible)

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
Well The car has been parked for like a week and half on the side of the houses till I could save enough to get new rear diff seals. Well next week on wed it goes in to get thoses. But yesterday As me and my friend where fixing the stereo, I check the oil becauses I had just recently switched to syntetic just to make sure some of it hadn't burned off. Check it and notice its kinda of milky. Also for the last bit after driving it the rad makes sizzlign noises and it like over pours out of the rad over flow thing. And I have had to add coolant. The exuasht also smells sweet. But the car never overheats no matter how long i drive it. IF u can't tell already this is already leading to the dreaded..... BHG! Theses makes me so mad as I have spent 2 and half years of saving to buy this car and I paid 8,000 Canadian for it and only to find rear diff seals are shot and the tranny speedo cable needs replacing and then now it leaning towards a BHG. Also the boost issues was on hand if many remeber my prevouis post, But that may be linked with the bhg. So My plan for now is mabye get thoses rear diff seals in find my speedo cable and replace it then i sopuses get a compression check or do a leak down test. Then after that I dunno what to do. How much(in CND) would it cost for me to get the hg replaced with an OEM one with mabye some ARP studs/bolts toruqed down properly??? AM I fucked?? Also I want to go to school next year and was planing to save some money to move out. I just wanted a nice stock supra to drive nothing to modded so it would break on me. I make like 500 buxs cnd every 2 week so mabye if it only took like a month and half to save enough to fix it(1,500) then mabye I could do that.

What u guys think?

Also Im just starting to learn how to work on the car I have done some small projects on it, But I have no where near enough mechanical knowledge to do a hg replace myslef or a shop to do it at or even the right tools.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR. DO NOT RUN THE ENGINE.

if there is coolant in the oil and you run the motor you WILL destroy the bearings, leading to a required rebuild!

if you dont want to cause more problems for your self, leave the car parked and you better be pushing it to whereever it has to be.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
I agree with Lagged, & would add the advice to promptly change the oil (w/ cheap shit). Get that shit out of your motor asap. Before you put your valve covers back, after replacing your BHG, pour engine flush through the oil return holes in the head & then change your oil again. Get your car running, change it again.

It sounds excessive, but I did it in fear of spinning a bearing with all that crap floating around in your motor from the repair work.

Get you HG replaced & enjoy the car, it's not the maintainance monster some make it out to be.

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
hmm its not very milk i could barly tell if it was or not. Had To look at it like 5 times but the other signs also lean towards it as well. Im not driving the car though but wed I am driving it to the shop where its getting the rear seals replaced. IM just curious as to what im looking at price wise.....

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
ok, Well I took out my flash light toightn(wich i got for a grad gift one amazing flash light now I stuck it in my car works wonderes :icon_bigg ) and peaked around the car. apon inspection of the resivor tank I noticed there is no oil in there at all. It is really dirty but that could be from previous owner. Check in rad too and its full but no oil in it niether. The coolant in the rad is brown though but that becauses im using an organe coolant and there is green coolant in my resviour tank( I know mixing coolant is bad but I had to add some too it and I havn't had any issues yet). looked at oil again it its really not as cloudy as I thought it was with inspection of flash light. Also opened up oil cap after runing engine and peered in there as well. Whatever is in there (Im assuming the cams, lifters i dunno??? :1zhelp: ) Is really clean and the oil was good in there too. Though there is still the issue of the coolant pouring out the little nossel that is connect to the resviour tank. Also another intresting story to add when I added green coolant to the already organe one I filled the resvior tank right to the top and the rad to the top(I hear your only sopuses to add to the revoiur tank and it will draw how ever much coolant it needs.) . Went for a drive to the bank to get some cash and as I parked and got out saw ppl pointing and laughing went to the front of car heard noises and then Saw all this green coolant gushing out the front of the car. And it looked cool hahah big black car with green monster juices coming out lol. But in reality not cool. Anyways though that could be causes by simplying putting wayyyy too much coolant in. But anyway I may not have a BHG yet but rad issues. I know the only way to figure this out is compresion test wich is what I plan on doing next. Just though I would add muy closer observations and story to it.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
doom26464 said:
ok, Well I took out my flash light toightn(wich i got for a grad gift one amazing flash light now I stuck it in my car works wonderes :icon_bigg ) and peaked around the car. apon inspection of the resivor tank I noticed there is no oil in there at all. It is really dirty but that could be from previous owner. Check in rad too and its full but no oil in it niether. The coolant in the rad is brown though but that becauses im using an organe coolant and there is green coolant in my resviour tank( I know mixing coolant is bad but I had to add some too it and I havn't had any issues yet). looked at oil again it its really not as cloudy as I thought it was with inspection of flash light. Also opened up oil cap after runing engine and peered in there as well. Whatever is in there (Im assuming the cams, lifters i dunno??? :1zhelp: ) Is really clean and the oil was good in there too. Though there is still the issue of the coolant pouring out the little nossel that is connect to the resviour tank. Also another intresting story to add when I added green coolant to the already organe one I filled the resvior tank right to the top and the rad to the top(I hear your only sopuses to add to the revoiur tank and it will draw how ever much coolant it needs.) . Went for a drive to the bank to get some cash and as I parked and got out saw ppl pointing and laughing went to the front of car heard noises and then Saw all this green coolant gushing out the front of the car. And it looked cool hahah big black car with green monster juices coming out lol. But in reality not cool. Anyways though that could be causes by simplying putting wayyyy too much coolant in. But anyway I may not have a BHG yet but rad issues. I know the only way to figure this out is compresion test wich is what I plan on doing next. Just though I would add muy closer observations and story to it.

If you have coolant boiling out of the resvior, go to Napa and get a block tester. It's the best way to determine if you have a BHG.