jumpin on the bandwagon (got a bike)

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
Welp, Yup, I'm jumping on the bandwagon as well. Bought my friend's Yamaha 600R for $250, lol. It runs. just needs tires, the rear end needs aligned and a basic tune-up. It's an 84 but, really doesn't look all that bad.

bike.jpg

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
alright 250 u serious? i want one now. it looks good for an 84.
wats the tach say on it? 160?

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
Nice deal for 250$, doesnt look bad at all for an 84.

Your gonna upgrade once the bug gets you I KNOW it.

PS: wen you do upgrade ride a new 600 First before you concider somthing huge cause you started on a 600 lol world of difference.

ALSO Im concidering making a Small local forum to get the NC bikers up and easyer to get people schedualed for riding if anybody wanted to :)

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
major stuff probably won't be on the list for this thing. I might paint the pipes or somethin, at least polish 'em out cuz it already sounds good. I've done google searches and they don't really make aftermarket stuff for this thing. So extending it is probably out of the question, as is lowering it I'm sure.

I rode it home last night. If the damn thing was registered and I had my liscence...I'd be ridin it now. But, gotta keep it safe.

A forum would be cool, altho I'm not exactly local to Wilmington, lol

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
esc said:
major stuff probably won't be on the list for this thing. I might paint the pipes or somethin, at least polish 'em out cuz it already sounds good. I've done google searches and they don't really make aftermarket stuff for this thing. So extending it is probably out of the question, as is lowering it I'm sure.

I rode it home last night. If the damn thing was registered and I had my liscence...I'd be ridin it now. But, gotta keep it safe.

A forum would be cool, altho I'm not exactly local to Wilmington, lol

3 hours away :), but Dont mod it id say just ride to ride till you upgrade, cause I GARENTE your going to as soon as you ride a newer bike.

Alot changed lol, like your raps out at 12k rpm mine does at 17 :) belive me you will upgrade.

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
i doubt i will anytime soon honestly. I'm making a $380 car payment a month on my BMW. My insurance on the BMW and the Supra is pretty damn high. I checked with Progressive on insurance for this bike and it's like, $980 every 12 months. Gonna probably get on my dad's tho so I get a discount on multiple bikes (he has 2).

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
my bike with just liability is 120$ every 6 months. and next year it will be 100$ a year if I get no tickets.

I have a faily clean record all my stuffs been droped or PJC, I dont belive in anything but liability on a bike I mean como if you get in an accient on it its gonna be screwed already to junk it out cayuse bikes are cheap.